Astro remote start thinks hood open

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kola 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

Hi:

My Astro remote start won't start the vehicle.  The control module LED blinks five times, indicating that hood is open.  When the remote start was installed, a hood pin was not used.  A short hood pin wire comes out of the module so it can be grounded (trick the module into thinking hood is open) when programming needs to take place.  The hood must be open (the module at least must think the hood is open) to program.

I grounded the hood pin wire and entered the module's "add additional transmitter" mode.  The module learned the new remote's code.  I then ungrounded the hood pin wire.  The new remote locks and unlocks the doors but won't start the vehicle.  The module LED blinks five times, indicating hood is open.  I have ensured the hood pin wire is not grounded (grounding indicates to module that hood is open).

Any one know what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks

Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure that there isn't additional program to get the second remote to program. On dei remotes I always program each function seperately. I would try that.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Your transmitter might be the wrong freq. this happened a couple of weeks ago to me. I'm not super framiliar with these, but the 2 way paging type needs a blue LED on the TXr not a green... anyhow they need to be the same color LEDs on the TXr's... If not call tech support for them...
PS anybody got an answer on that 04 Econoline van lock question I posted earlier???
Hymer
kola 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the replies.

I finally gave up and took the vehicle to Astro dealer.  He too cannot figure it out.  He believes the module's hood-pin pin is malfunctioning.  I'd like to just replace the module; that would save a tremendous amount of time over installing a completely new unit.  I'd just have to plug in the wiring harnesses.  No splicing wires.  Unfortunately, it is rather old model (2006), and I doubt Astro still offers them.

I got five years out of the unit, so I guess I can't complain.

Thanks

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  
You should be able to change the programming of the hood input from normally open to normally closed. That might disable the hood pin feature, but it should get the car to remote start.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
I just looked at the manuals and the 2006a and 2006b have a programmable option for the hood pin but the plain 2006 does not have that option.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
kola 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the replies.

I'm curious as to what the differences are among the 2006, 2006a, and 2006b.  Just curious.

Peace

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic