icon

Keeping paper work of customers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
How many of you kept track of papper work on customers. I like to fine soem sort of software that i can search form different fields. if i need to look up something. Say liek make modle of car or modle number, etc
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
You could also use Microsoft Access. It usually comes with MS Office. Just don't ask me how to use it, cause I have no clue. i just know it can do what you're asking.
Paul
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  

I use Microsoft Access to keep track of what work we have done for which customer...

I also keep track of what we have ordered for the customer and I even have in their what the customer is interested in  that way I can tell them about new items comming out in the market and see if they would be interested in it...

With access you can create forms and queries to get info...It takes a little time to set up but once you do it all you would need to do is upgrade it when you want to add something....

This system is great...It has helped my sales and my warrenty work...We had alot of people comming in to get work done then comming back to tell me that we messed up their car...When I started using this system I could keep track of what work we did on that car and see if they had tampered with it and added something that we didnt....If we broke something on their car we tell them about it and then put it in the system so they cant blame other broken items on us....I keep track of everything....It takes a lot of work but it is worth it....It also takes a lot of time to get the employees to understand why we do this and getting them to do it....

Keeping paper work of customers -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  

I second Access, if you learn how to use those programs in the office package, there is lots you can do!

We use a program called 'Dynamite' where I work, it serves the same general purpose.

/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 1:37 AM / IP Logged  
another suggestion would be: Quickbooks; its more accounting oriented, and more expensive than access is.
but if your looking for a very robust program, my dad has used this since day1 when he started his business (machinist). Using it, he can go down to any specific invoice added to its database and see what was done for the customer, what materials & parts were used, labour, ectect... if your looking for a full accounting program i'd recommend QB. but for simple checkups of what you did for a certain customer, access can be arranged to do such tasks.
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  

Access is good if you are on a budget and have a lot of time on hand.  You can go to the local library and get an access book and create a data base and update it as needed.  You can also down load a few ready made databases and autocalculating invoices from microsoft. 

You can go to your local college and talk to one of the professors their and see if they can help.  They can assign a project of creating a database to one of their students for a grade.  This would 8 out of ten be a free service to you.  The student is looking for a grade and the professor is looking for new and challenging assignments for the students and you are looking for some help.  Remember this is a student and tend to think out of the box alot if they are looking for the best grade.  You can end up with a world class program.

BoominRolla 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  

We use a program called TSS. It is advertised in alot of car audio mags... It can handle alot of things like inventory, scheduling, and customer databases. You can look up jobs by numerous ways suchs as last name, invoice number, and vehicle make. I think it works real well and it can do much more then what we use it for... You can track installers labor rates... and such only from when i've played with it we don't actually use it (Good thing ahhaha)

sinister audio 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
i was wondering eactaly how you can use access. i have it but have never used it yet. i was just kinda wondering how to set it up so i could start using it. how much does that TSS cost a month. thanks
overworked 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  
Acess is the way to go definetly, but creat a Print Form Button, my apprentice the other day hit the print button in the toolbar and it had fit! as it started to print al 67000 odd job cardes   lol!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic