icon

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ljubi 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
I would like to install remote starer in my 2001 Pathfinder but I can't find wehicle wiring diagram. I bought ProStart two-way remote control and that came with good installation manual.
2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE remote start -- posted image.
dantemc 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  

here ya go, hope this helps. if its your first remote start, and you do not have too much alarm experience, you may want to have a pro do it, because this car is a little harder then a basic install. but, if you like doing stuff yourself, here it is:

wire               color               polarity                  location

12v              WHITE/ green         +                      ign.  harness

starter      BLACK / YELLOW           +                      ign. harness

2nd starter  RED / black            +                       ign harness

ignition      BLACK/ white           +                      ign  harness

accessory  WHITE/ blue         +                         ign. harness

2nd accy.  RED / yellow            +                        ign. harness

lock wire   yellow                     -                      security module  (between steering column and fuse box)

un lock wire    light green        -                           security module

parking lights       blu/blk or pink/blu or pink/blk           +            fuse box

tach wire  WHITE/ green                    ac                                   ecm (right of steering column)  do not un plug it 

brake     GREEN/ YELLOW       +                    brake switch

immobolizer bypass -  you have a chip in your key that needs to be bypassed to remote start, use a dei 556u  or its equivalent.                       

ljubi 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you dantemc.
I will try this. What do you mean by "dei 556u"?
2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE remote start -- posted image.
hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
It's a universal bypass-- you put one of your keys in the bypass and the car can be remote started....
(Most newer cars have some sort of immobilizing system that won't let the car start if they don't see a special key. A bypass gets around that system for remote starts...)
Me
Automde 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

I also have a question about the '01 pathfinder.

Does any one know if there is anything special I should know about the power locking system in this vehicle. I have a freind who has this vehicle and the guys who installed his remote starter said they couldn't do his locks. So he wants to come down and get me to do it, but I have never done a Pathfinder before and it kind of worrires me that the other place said they can't do it.

All the wriiing diagrams said that they are just negative wires, just want to know if this is true, or do they need a resistance or something?

dunyamunya 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  

According to the wiring information, you need to use Door Lock and Door Unlock wires. These wires will also arm and disarm factory alarm. The wires are:

Door Lock - Yellow (-) - pin 41 @ SECU (Smart Entrance Control Unit) - between the steering column and the fuse box.

Door Unlock - Light Green (-) - pin 30 @ SECU.

Door Trigger for driver door is GREEN/ red in pin 29, the front passenger door is yellow in pin 40, and the rear door is RED / blue in pin 28. Use all three and diode isolate each. (use these only if installing alarm, you will not need it for remote starter)

Andrew

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic