icon

is the memphis mojo sub right for me?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
anthony33$ 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have any experience with the mojo subwoofer? I want to go with the sub because it can create good spl, but does it have any musical quaility? I play alot of rap and bass cd's and I want to know if the sub is good for this. www.memphiscaraudio.com
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  
If you want great sound go ahead and go with the mojo. They have good spl and great sq. They are kinda high in price but sound good.What are you going to put it in and what kind of amp.The only thing is that their costumer service is not great.
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  

If put in the right box for example a box built to spec with a J style port also to spec with the sub it will perform great for SPL and if you tune the amp correctly you will get some musical quality out of it....I have never tried to use this sub for any other purpose than SPL.....So as far as getting peak musical quality out of it I cannot say...

What I can say is that the Mojo is one mean sub....They will take a hell of a beating....

is the memphis mojo sub right for me? -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
anthony33$ 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
I am going to take the rear seats out of my 1989 dodge daytona and turn the whole back of it into a sub box. As for amps I am going with memphis amps too, I just have to find out what would be the best amp to power to 12" mojo subs, I want one amp for each sub. I just want to compete in local comp, but on the way home I want to be able to turn the amps down and get decent sq. 
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like a sweet setup. My friend is in the middle of getting a system together for his 89 daytona, it should be really loud. Post some pics of the install one your done.
Asmodeus 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  

If you want to run two seperate amps the Memphis MC1000d is perfect for those subs...

They are dual 2ohm subs and the 1000d is a one ohm stable amp....At one ohm it cranks out 1100 watts....Draws about 80 amps of current to do this so I hope you have a good power setup in your car and are ready to invest in some 1/0gauge power wire....But two 12" Mojos and two 1000ds would be a good match up....

Good Luck

Asmodeus 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  

Or if you want to run a single amp...The Memphis MOJO 2000d is a good match...

at 2 ohm it makes about 2000 - 2400 watts....Depending on he much voltage you feed it....

This amp isnt really designed to do SQ though its more of a brute force amp.....

Either way you should be loud....

anthony33$ 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
I have two altima batteries that are going into my system. What else should I do to the car to feed the amps and subs? Should I upgrade my altinator also? Anyone have any opinions? Right now I have one crossfire amp pushing two memphis mc124 subs and they are pretty tame subwoofers. When I do my daytona I'm going all out and I've never ran this much power before. I have purchased the two 12" mojo subs today and they look pretty deadly. Next week I will be buying one of the two amps also. I'm gonna sound like rolling thunder going down the road, I can hardly sleep at night thinking about it.
furflier 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
You will definately need a HO alternator. Also upgrade your power wires from alt to battery & your ground wires. The bigger the better.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
A HO output alt will be a must. Buy the biggest one you can afford!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic