icon

R/s wiring on an 01 Bravada

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
heightz 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
I am trying to hook up the domelight supervision wire and factory rearm wires up on my 01 Olds Bravada and have found different wiring diagrams for the correct wires. Where is the correct location for these two wires? One diagram I have says to hook up the domelight supervision at the domelight itself and another says at the bcm. If I do it at the bcm do I have to use a diode or just splice the wire directy to it? Do I need a diode on the rearm wire at the bcm? Also one diagram said to hook up the door triggers to the domelight wire also, will that work or do I have to use each one at the bcm and isolate each one? I don't care if each door is isolated or not, just so the alarm will go off if any door is opened. Thanks for any input.
hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
The correct location is w/ the wire that behaves correctly when you put your DMM across it.
Using the dome light wire (as opposed to the door pins) is easier, but has a few draw backs:
1) dome light can be turned off in some cars. Not sure if that is one of them. This effectively turns off part of the alarm.
2) dome light sometimes stays on for 30 seconds (or even longer) in some cars-- making the alarm think the doors are still open. Not a huge deal, but some alarms generate extra chirps from this.
I would definitely diode isolate the factory rearm wire @ the BCM. If you choose to use the separate door pins there, they really should be (isolated) also.
Me
heightz 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
is there different size diodes, i.e. amperage or will any diode work? Where can I buy them, like Radio Shack or something?
hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah-- look for a 6 amp diode (although a 1 amp is probably more than enough-- still, better safe than sorry...)
R$ probably does sell them. Almost any install bay in the world should also have them...
Me
heightz 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic