4- 8 Kicker L7 Solo Barics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Bellend56 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I am installing 4- 8" Kicker L7 Solo Barics in a 1500 HD Crew Cab (Chevy). I am going to be powering them with the KX1200.1. I have a few questions before I start in on this project.

I want to place them behind the rear seat which measures 51.5"L X 6"H X 6.5"W X 3"W. Will this give me enough air space for these subs? Also how do I figure out the angle of the rear seat so that I can fit the enclosure. I had two 10" subs under the rear seat and was wondering how the 4 8's would compare to them??

Any help is greatly appreciated as I will be doing this myself. I do have a general knowledge of car audio and have done installs in the past. Nothing with this much power or this many subs before.

Should I be running 1/0 ga. wire directly to the Amp or should I be splitting it.

Thanks for the help, Dave

mbergwin 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

i dont think that u have enuff space for 4 speekers, you can look up the t/s perameters form the kicker home page or form the info that was sent with the subs and that will tell u how much space u need for each type of box u can use for the speekers.

the way to figure out if the 10's or the 8's will be better is to calculate how much air thay will displace when they hit. take the surfice area of the tens and the surfice area of the 8's and compair them. the more surfice area will give u more bass (t will be louder) it with be. bacicly its all up to u.

the 1/0 gage wire will be MORE than enuff, u can use it because it never herts to have to thik of a wire (only to thin) this way u can alow yourself upgrades in the way of amps in the future.

So long and thanks for all the fish!
-Bergwin

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic