Cobra Bridge 7913 Car Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rocket ron 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  

Hi

I wonder if you guys could help me with a problem that i have with my cobra alarm system that is fitted to my 1990 ford sierra 4x4 2.9.

I,ve fitted the system myself and everything is fine apart from getting the central door locking to operate correctly with the alarm.

I,ve located the cl lock/unlock wires in the drivers footwell multiplug and wired the ORANGE / violet lock/unlock wires from the alarm to these connections but the problem is when i arm the system all the doors lock but when i disarm the doors still remain locked.

Its so frustrating having to lock/unlock the car with the key when the cobra alarm should do it if wired right

I know all the doors lock/unlock with the key from the drivers door or passenger side

If anyone can help with the correct way to wire it up to my car i'd be very grateful

Regards

Anthony

hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not familiar w/ this alarm (or this car!) being on the wrong side of the pond. However, here are things to try:
#1 -- make sure you're connecting to the right (white) wire. Meter the wire you're connecting to and make sure that it drops from 12V to 0V when you hit the unlock button.
#2 -- make sure you're connecting the proper wire from your brain-- one that sends a negative pulse for unlock.
#3-- make sure _that_ wire is firmly connected in the wiring harness (I've had loose wires cause no end of headaches).
#432-- Perhaps you need longer (or double) pulses? Check your manual and see if there's a way to send longer (or double) unlock pulses, and try doing that.
Other than that, I'm out of ideas to try...
Me
furredoutgixxer 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
the lock wire is yellow, the unlock is white. in the drivers door boot. they are negative trigger.
rocket ron 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

Cheers for that guys i'll have another look when i get the time & i'll let u know how i go on Cobra Bridge 7913 Car Alarm - Last Post -- posted image.

Regards

Anthony

rocket ron 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  

The alarm is now 100% working with the central locking,I just used a c/l interface wired from - output from alarm that i bought ages ago & never used until now.

No more messing about with the key.  Cobra Bridge 7913 Car Alarm - Last Post -- posted image.

Once again cheers to u guys that replyed to my post

All the best

Anthony

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic