10 Sub with a 222 Amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
PhatGuy 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Guys,
    I want to install a sub on my system, the plan is to change the amp and install a stronger one. When I calculated the total cost for doing this I was surprised it was so high (Even for low quality stuff) because of all the taxes we have. Well, I decided to upgrade the system slowly so I can afford it on my current salary. Anyways, here is what I have:
-Sony HU
-Sony 222 Amp
-Sony Rear Speakers
-Kenwood front speakers
I want to disconnect the rear speakers from the 222 amp and install a 10" pioneer sub in their place (Which will be installed in a box put in the trunk).
My question is: Can the 222 handle the 10" sub for a couple of months till I get a more powerful Amp.
I want to change the rear speakers later and put kickpods or something like that for the front speakers and connect them to the 222 Amp, and use the new amp for the rear speakers and the sub.
Thanx in advance
Regards
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  

List the RMS rating of the amplifier and the efficiency of the subwoofer.  Also, do you have it in a sealed or ported box?

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
PhatGuy 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 4:24 AM / IP Logged  
I don't have that information, sorry, They don't give you any manuals here which is really annoying. And I couldn't find any information on the internet because I couldn't find the exact model I saw here.
Sorry again, but in general, is that possible?
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
It should be fine. Find the specs and I'll actually be able to help.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic