icon

Dodge OEM Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jdeluna 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2003 Dodge Durango with the factory alarm system, it has decent range approx. 120 feet, I would like to extend the range if possible. How do I go about doing this ??? Does any know where the factory alarm unit is located at or the antenna so I can may extend it and put it behind the rearview mirror ??? I am also thinking of adding an add-on remote start unit to the factory like the Valet 551T or 556T so that is another reason I would like to extend the range of the factory remote. Thanks for any info and help. God Bless.
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
actually adding to the length of the antenna will not give you much of a gain if any at all, and the keylees entry module is located high high in the drivers kick, alsmost at the gauge height.  I would recommend spending a few extra bucks and getting a remote starter where you do not have to use your factory remote.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
This is likely a lost cause. Factory units tend to be pretty well tied into the car and not very changeable. Also, the limiting factor may well be the transmitters themselves...
Sorry to be so negative-- just hate to think of you going to a lot of effort for nothing,
Many add-on units come w/ their own remote that you could use instead of the factory and that would give you much greater range. For instance, the rattler 369D...
Me
furredoutgixxer 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  

best buy dan is right. the length of the antenna wont help with distance, and the price difference between a slave remote start and a stand alone is only about 20 bucks. the factory alarm can still be used with a start, the transmitter will work arm/disarm.

MECP Master Installer

Lucky's Krazy Kustoms

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic