icon

are audiobahn amps any good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sexyvic1 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 2:05 AM / IP Logged  
i have 2 audiobahn a18001d amps,  one on each one of my digital designs 9515 subs.
the amp are running at .9ohms each and i never had a problem.
i love them.
i also have the a6601x for my interiors. ( i love that too )
but i can't speak for their other amps. i never tried them.
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
The only thing Audiobahn's  are good for is a topic on the forum!
'85 Toy
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
Audiobahns running DD 9515s!! What a waste!! I bet some nicer amps would make those subs come alive. They are great subs, but that is a subpar amp to say the least.
sexyvic1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  

pimpincavy wrote:
Audiobahns running DD 9515s!! What a waste!! I bet some nicer amps would make those subs come alive. They are great subs, but that is a subpar amp to say the least.

they do bump, and they look real good. i hit in the mid- 150's on average with this set-up. i have won a bunch of trophies too.

u think i may hit higher with a different amp? what would u reccommend? thanks

Audiobahn1500 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  

I like the audiobahn amps too i used to have an a1500hct but sold it to get a 801d for my mtx 9500 and it sounds better than the audiobahn amp does so honestly i would have to say i like the mtx over audiobahn

Chad

pimpincavy 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
Two of these Hifonics Brutus 1800W amps would definalty get more out of the subs then your audiobahn amps, and they wont break the bank. If you have a little more money to spend Memphis makes some really nice amps. Great choice on those DD subs by the way, if I had the money those would be high on my list of subs. You did a really nice job on your whole truck to, looks sweet. How big is your alternator?
sexyvic1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  

pimpincavy wrote:
Two of these Hifonics Brutus 1800W amps would definalty get more out of the subs then your audiobahn amps, and they wont break the bank. If you have a little more money to spend Memphis makes some really nice amps. Great choice on those DD subs by the way, if I had the money those would be high on my list of subs. You did a really nice job on your whole truck to, looks sweet. How big is your alternator?

thanks for the compliments on my grand cherokee. the alt is a 200 amp ohio generator. i also have a optima yellow top and a 5 farad cap.

i recently bought a 2001 tahoe. i have been working on that. i removed the equipment from the jeep. i got a 300 amp alt this time from dom iraggi. i also have 2 yellow tops and a 50 farad cap. the install is not done yet, but hopefully i can finish soon. i do everyhting in my driveway, and it is starting to get cold here ( New York ) .

i use to be a fan of hifonics back years ago. i had 2 zues amps that were insane. i don't here much about them anymore. ( this is when the power wire use to stick out of the amp...no terminals ).

memphis amps look tiny right? or maybe did i see a certain one? do u really recommend there amps? i know there subs are pretty sweet. i haven't seen too many people use memphis amps though.

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
You probably don't see many people using Memphis in the SPL arena because they're higher SQ amplifiers than either Hifonics or Audiobahn, are most honestly rated, and are simply more expensive per watt.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
dedlyjedly 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

yeah, audiobahn is definately towards the bottom of the food chain as far as performance.  that said, i would say performance and such would be like a sony xplod or a low end kenwood, but those units are much less expensive than audiobahn.  just wanted to clarify that value is the relation of performance AND price. some of the sony and kenwood stuff may not be top-of-the-line but can definitely offer some bang for the buck.

as for audiobahn, this is not so flattering of a comparison, unless your favorite color is chrome!

MECP certified, 5yrs experience, you probably otta listen bitch!!
pimpincavy 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
I live in NY to. Up in WNY, near Buffalo. We just got hit with snow today, looks like my driveway is out for working on my car. Luckily my friends dad own a shop in town that we can use after hours, or weekends if I need to do any system stuff.
Another amp idea you might want to look into is one of the older Visonik amps. Not sure of the model name, but they are 3000W, and are friggin huge. Some of the SPL guys in my area use them, and im sure someone on here knows what im talking about. US Amps and MMATS make some good amps as well, sort of expensive though, especially compared to Hifonics, which IMO is one of the best deals on amps out there.
Oh yeah, one of my freinds has a old amp with no terminals, just the wires coming out. Its a Jensen 100x2, he was running it in his ranger for awhile, not sure if it works anymore though....that thing was a relic, thats for sure.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic