icon

The Death of A Legend Dimebag Darrell

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
I know this isnt car audio related but I posting it anyways.
Even though I Have been running systems since High school that are incredibly loud I started My music experience with the band Pantera. The Lead guitarist Had inspired me to get my first guitar and learn to play. I spent nearly 7 months working my @ss off to afford one of his signature series guitars. He was at the very top when it came to metal/rock guitarists. The events that happened on wensday night a a horible loss to the music industry. His music will live on for generations to come, it is a shame he wont be around to play. My heart goes out to all the Friends, Family, And fans like myself around the world.
                    Rock In Peace
                 Darrell Lance Abbott
                      1966-2004
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  

Dime was a true guitar legend in the heavy metal community, i am truly lucky that i got the chance to watch him play live with Pantera, my heart goes out to his family and friends. You will truly be missed Darrell!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jazzy

flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

Wow, that makes me sad. I just remembered the first big show I ever saw was at Red Rocks in Colorado. Far Beyond Driven Tour 1994. I lived in MA at the time, I was visiting my dad and he took me for my 14th birthday. Even by myself, I had a great time. So many cool people at those shows, there was so much energy. If anything, this is one more sad reminder to go out and catch every good show you can.

Prong opening, Sepultura....and Pantera!!  This single show is without a doubt the #1 reason why I prefer a stereo with lots of power. Playing any of these three bands will expose any weakness in a system real soon, that's audio related. 

Many of my favorite artists have passed away either from drugs or accidents, but this is just as unreal as it gets. It's sad because there was absolutley no point to any of the deaths, it was some some nameless sociopath acting out.

5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
I think our love for music is why we are all here. I for example can't play for S#!+ so I try to make up for it by installing systems that play loud and clear.
RIP to the Dime
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
overworked 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  
Later Dimey! you will be greatly  missed dude, Rock on fella

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic