icon

Viper 790 Just Keeps Flashing?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maronism 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
Can't get the system to work. When I return the fuses to the relay pack and the const, the LED simply flashes 6 times over and over. No response from the remote (says out of range when sitting right next to it), and the valet switch has no affect. Any ideas? Viper 790 Just Keeps Flashing? - Last Post -- posted image. Thanks.
ksutton 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
try to program the remote again
maronism 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
When I press the valet switch, nothing changes. Tried both per the manual: press once then release, then press & hold (no chirps, LED just keeps on flashin'). Then I also tried pressing 8 times & holding (referenced on a replacement remote manual online) and again no change.
furredoutgixxer 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

i've had problems with these systems in the past. DEI's first two way remote sucks. probably sent fifteen off for service. they just refuse to accept programming. the replacements work fine though. Viper has a lifetime warranty on the brain. try taking it to a DEI dealer with a programmer. they might be able to flash the brain but most likely it will have to be replaced.

MECP Master Installer

mikynunu 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
make sure the dei ribbion cable is plugged all the way in, somtimes it tends to come out enough to where the alarm will not see the ign turn on when you try to program it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic