icon

Pioneer AVIC-N1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
00tahoez71 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I'm new to this forum but have a couple of questions.
I'm about to purchase a Pioneer AVIC-N1 from a private seler for $1350. This seems quite low for this product and I am trying to figure out if there is a way to test this without actually installing it in my car. I'd like to test it at the seller' house if possible. Anybody know of anything to help me? Also, any comments on this unit would be great.
Thanks,
Zach
daze 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
its is a great unit, my boy has it and it is awesome. as far as testing it, you need a 12 volt power suply.
00tahoez71 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
Wow. Quick response. Where can I hook it up specifically and how? I am going to drive an hour to this guy's house to buy it, and I NEED TO BE SURE IT IS NOT DOA. As he said it was working when he uninstalled it, so technically if it does not work when I put it in myself, i'm screwed. Any more help would be appreciated.
00tahoez71 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
HI, I posted below and am about to go test the avic-n1 through a private seller I found. I know I can hook it up through my amp to get power, but does anybody know how I can hook up the gps to test it? Should I just put it all together outside the car minus the speaker hook ups and test it? Any suggestions would be helpful
OffroaderF150 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
the gps is all built in. all you need to do is plug in the hideaway unit which is 1 data cable and the gps antenna plugs in. u can test the internal compass on it by turning the hide away unit around and the screen picture should turn and all. make sure that he has the discs for navigation too. if you register the unit or if he has already then you can get the updated nav discs.
00tahoez71 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help! Hope it all goes well tomorro when I go to test.
00tahoez71 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
I've been posting alot but only because I"m going to attempt this install myself. I've heard from some people that the position of the AVIC-N1 brain is key to it being able to function. Apparently, if it's not completley level, it will set everything off? This is just what I've hard. I have a old body (2000) chevy tahoe and am planning on putting it under the rear seat next to my amp. Anybody have any tips on the placement of the "brain"unit or just some installation tips for this unit in general?
Thanks
Zach
ODLeon 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 6:04 AM / IP Logged  
it has to face a certain way and mut be horizontal, no more than 5 degrees from 180*, so basically the flattest you can make it.
a1eks 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

I did myself installation of this unit to my Scion Xb few weeks ago. I screw the "AVIC-N1 brain" to the floor under the  passenger seat. I didn't check the ground level, but put it in a parallel to the frame of the seat.  It works great, and i have no any problems wiht the reception. I purchased a new AVIC-N1 for $1349.00 plus shipping ($35.95)  from the internet webside. They are located in Delaware, so there is no tax for that. And you have to wait 2-3 weeks until you will get it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic