icon

good idea or bad idea

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sinister audio 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
I was just wondering what you guys thought about my idea. I am opening a shop up in north east part of south dakota. I will be mainly doing fiberglassing and installs basic to very custom. There isnt really a shop around that does fiberglassing and their installs mainly look like a 5th grade kid jumped in there and too a weed wacker to the wireing harness. there are about 150,000 people within a 2 hour radius of my shop.  i also make fiberglass boxes and ship out to other states too. im just wondering if  you think my shop will be sucessfull. The other shops i was telling about charge list price on every thing and with my shop i cut the prices back like if some one would buy a deck and a couple sets of speakers ill probaly nock 10 off of each set and take some off of the install i think thats a really important thing to do. thanks for looking and give me any input that you can.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
The one thing that will make your shop sucessful is a repetition. If your shop has a rep for doing good clean work than yall should be fine if the business is there.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  

I think Teamrf means reputation, anyway, making the customer feel good about his purchase and making him feel that he is getting a good deal is a must, you are on the right track, is your shop gonna be any where near Watertown, that is the only town that has any population in that area i think.Let me know if i am wrong on that one though, i travel through there every summer, it would be neat to see a car audio shop worth a crap there.

Jazzy

rsudbay 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2004 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
appearance is everything my man
hey, everyone has got to start somewhere. but ill learn
sinister audio 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
my shop will be with in 25 miles of watertown. thats the town that dosnt have much for installers. they have the population and the people that want the stuff but the people right now have to drive 2 hours to get any kind of work like that and i think i could get all of thier work and stir up more for the people that dont even know about that kind of stuff. if your in the area check it out ill give you directions. thanks everyone for your input
Truemagnum15 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2004 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  
Repetition builds reputation.The best advertisement is word-of-mouth. The least expensive(and pretty decent) advertising would be radio and flyers. You could have a Grand Opening and advertise on the local radio stations and put flyers on cars in the parking lots downtown. Also, you could put some sort of advertisement of the opening on your own vehicle. Just a few ideas that I thought might help (or not).
American ends in I Can
madmike025 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  

AFTERSALE SERVICE!!!!

rockabilly rebels!!
Mad Scientists 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  

Calculate what your expenses will be.. have enough money to cover them for awhile.. join your local chamber of commerce.. do good work, charge a fair price.. appearance means a lot..

Jim

bluetruck 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
get insurance....
Truemagnum15 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  
Chamber of Commerce is an excellent idea. You can also set up a ribbon cutting ceremony through them and therefore have "free" publicity. Also, you want to register with the Better Business Bureau.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic