icon

Transmitting distances-Ultra Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hayman 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  

Ok  I talked with some family last night,  several had remote starts from cheap to top of the line.  My brother-inlaw works for an Accura dealer and deals with them.  He recomended I get one the 2000 ft ones or 2 way transmitor features.    He said the ProStart I was looking at would work fine starting my Van out in the shed on the farm.   But for in the city when we are at the kids indoor soccer games at the big  sports  center  not likely.   If it wouldn't do that I don't want one. Thats the whole point of it when we are done the game we don't have to climb into a -25 van!

So I checked with an auto parts store I deal with.  They tell me they have some really good top of the line remote starts.  They are Called Ultra Start and they are selling them at a really good price he says.  Because they don't intstall them its too much hassel and tough to compete with the stores that install them. 

So anyway he has a Ultra Start  4360  that's on sale for  for $175 Cdn.  This one has an alarm feature too???  Plus the 2 way  transmitter with display and what not.   I looked in the box and it has no installation instructions though.

$175  sounds good (if its a good unit) as you can't even get a 2 way Pro Start from Crappy tire for under $200 I don't think.

So what's up with the Ultra Starts are they worth looking at?? 

If not what is a good brand that will do what I want?

I don't need an alarm.  

Thanks

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
I have had GREAT luck with Ultra start or AST.....I hag a 2250 series in my Tacoma before becoming an astroflex dealer. It was bullet proof and inexspensive.....   look at the 1560XR  long range stand alone remote start
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
AST 1560XR also has a low temp sentinalTransmitting distances-Ultra Start -- posted image.  just what you need in the great white north
biker8018 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 3:26 AM / IP Logged  
 we use Ultra Start and love it the 4360 uses am ant technology and it is ok. Longer delays between confirmation and the ablitiy to relock because of this. Try to get a 4365 or 4560 both use fm tech. and have range up to a mile.Plus you get vibrate on the remote and the blue leds on the ant instead of red.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic