1200w Amp good for 400rms sub?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dedlyjedly 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  

what model # sony amp is it?

the guys were right before, most sony stereo amps are not stable to a 2 0hm mono load.  dont worry though, you have options.

for what i would assume to be around the same price you can find a sony xmd500x. this is a mono amp running 500 rms @ 2 ohm mono

or you could spend a little bit more and find a better performer such as jl, phoenix gold, etc...

i know it sounds funny but the load (subs) you show (hook up) the amp will greatly affect how it performs.

MECP certified, 5yrs experience, you probably otta listen bitch!!
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
The installer told you the gains were set all the way up.  Not a good install.  Go ahead and be proactive in this and take it back.  Talk to the supervisor and get a second look at it.
losangdodgers 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
the amp is: SONY XM-2200GTX
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
Yep.. 2-channel. You should check how he wired it.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
losangdodgers 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  

ill probaly go tomorrow then, what should i tell the guy? He doesnt speak fluent english it was hard to understand what he was saying but there were around 7 workers there who could speak fluent english. I dont know the difference between bad wiring and good. So I would rather go back to the shop I just dont know how to explain it to them to make them understand that it is not the proper amp for the sub. 

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
Not sure what to tell you there. You could look at how it is wired and tell us.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
Maybe its just me, but I think I would want my system to be installed on someone who has a grasp on the english language...
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic