Astrostart 2205 or AutoStart 2300?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
magnarider 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
Hi hayman
I bought the Astrostart 2505u, but I believe the 2505 is the same thing, because the Astroflex web site describes features same as on the box and guides. A quote for the astroflex web site, "It is also possible to transform the 2205 into a full-featured two-way alarm system by simply adding a kit (part # 310-120-503) that includes a six-tone siren, a shock sensor, an alarm status LED and the necessary wiring for the alarm components." I bought this unit because of the simply use, installation and alarm feature. I have yet to install it.
Question. Had the supplier of the Autostart 2300 give you the warranty on the unit??? A&B Sound would not!!!!!!!
Hi KarTuneMan
I bought the Astrostart 2505u from a dealer I know. I have 20 years of experience of all kinds of electronics, electrical, instrumentation, Refridgeration, ETC. Also have all the Trade qualifications. I would have the Astroflex dealer install the unit, but I am retired and enjoy doing this type of job. Also, I do good work!!!!!!
Is the price for the 2505 of $199 out the door in US dollars? Also, would you pass on the 2 year warranty on components (transmitter, main unit and modules? If so, I have a lot of buddies that would buy from you.
Thank-you for your replies to all my postings. I enjoy reading your replies to all the problems. You are a good man.
Cool Astrostart 2205 or AutoStart 2300? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. rider
hayman 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  

I bought it  at Visions and I got warranty or at least they "said" I did also long  I was a licensed automotive tech.   I said " ok thanks I' m a licensed  auto tech so that will work fine". Astrostart 2205 or AutoStart 2300? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. Then the guy had the nerve to say well only  if you "really are"  is there  warranty.  Basically he didn't want to lose  the install money.  

JB's had the Astroflex and they were willing to sell it over the counter to me also.  We didn't get into the warranty issues if I did the install.  Like I said looks like a great product just didn't feel it was worth the extra 100 bucks for what I needed.

If your really worried about warranty get a unit from Canadian Tire.  I know they are not as fancy but if you want a basic starter the prostarts work.  I darn near bought one  back when I was shopping they had one sale for half price but it wasn't a 2 way FM model like I wanted.  When comes to CT if you complain you'll get warranty on just about anything and more.  Actually I think they have a  FM 2way unit on sale now with an alarm. 

But for curiousity sake what makes the Astroflex easer to install in a 1998 transport over other brands like the Autostart I have in mine??   I needed 2 ign. 1 acc. 2 power feed,  all at  ign. switch.  Then Tach, hood pin,  ground, brake, parklights,  lock and unlock wires .   No relays no modules just  a  straight wire in job.   Or as we used to say in the trade a gravy  job  when your getting paid flat rate. . Astrostart 2205 or AutoStart 2300? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

magnarider 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Hayman
I think your right, auto remote starter are almost all the same when it comes to starting the vehicle. I have a 10 year old Valet(DEI) 552T, 2 button, one way with satilite relays which cost $170.00 CDN dollars in 1995. Also,I have a Command Start, 2 button, one way that is 9 years old.
DEI is Directed Electronics Inc. who also manufacture Viper and a host of other units. These are good units also. I get a lot of help from DEI technical support
When is looked at the 2300 the programming and doorlock option looked a bit ackward. Also, I believe you cannot do just driver door unlock, then a second pulse all door unlock. You need a second unlock negative output and a programmable relay (pulse on second unlock). In addition the lock and unlock are relays not just negative and postive pulses. The Astrostart 2505 can do this.
When I was in Autotemp's shop getting information about my Valet unit a gentleman was there looking at pulling out a remote starter he just had installed by Certified Radio and installing a Viper.   I am not sure if it was a Autostart 2300 or not. Just playing.
The genlteman said that his kids were in the vehicle playing with the door locks and he was pushing the unlock/ lock button when the main unit smoked (burnout)(fryed). That is why I like relay outputs.
I just about bought a Prostart unit from Canadian Tire also, but they didn't have any stock at Christmas. Ha,HA, HA.
I recommended the Polar Start tw 4600 (same as Autostart 2300) to a buddy. Nice talking with you.
Cool Astrostart 2205 or AutoStart 2300? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. rider
hayman 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  

I don't think Certified Radio carries Auto Start at least by me. I tried ph. them for prices but I couldn't get through. Astrostart 2205 or AutoStart 2300? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. Everyone I know who has got one put in there  got an  Ultra start  unit put in.  That's what they push & advertise on the radio all the time anyway.   What ever brand it was sounds like it wasn't installed correctly.   I know the way my locks work it only requires a  low amp - pulse to trigger a relay.   Bit  if  one needs a higher amp  door lock out put  you must wire in a relay with Autostart.  If astroflex has those built in thats a bonus for sure.  Like you say for more complicated installs the astrofex maybe the way to go for sue. 

As for the drivers door  & priority door lock thing my factor keyless entry has that and I didn't like it!  With all the kids I would always have to hit the darn button twice to open all doors.  I quite like the way I have it now with the remote starter where it opens everything with one push of the button. Astrostart 2205 or AutoStart 2300? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  

Man you guys are lucky there in Oh Canada....you cant hardly find a remote starter in Wash. state without asking for it.  Even @  the BIG car audio joints!  If poeple around here understood the benefits of having one, I might have less time on my hands. (to not post nearly 14 times a day on this site)Astrostart 2205 or AutoStart 2300? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Hell you guys can buy one at the local tire shop.....WoWAstrostart 2205 or AutoStart 2300? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic