icon

Remote start 5spd 1989 Toyota Celica

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike_89gts 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
I did a search and it looks like there's no diagramsfor wiring a remote start/keyless entry system tomy 1989 Toyota Celica GTS w/ manual transmission. - Can anyone help me out?
Thanks a bunch in advance.
Mike
hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
Try here
Me
Mike_89gts 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
That's perfect! - Thanks.
Mike
Mike_89gts 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a remote start unit on the g/f's car last year with your help - the unit has worked and I'm sure will continue to work great! - Thank You.
Now, I'm gonna drop one into my ride but it's not quite as easy 'cause it's a manual and also has power locks whereas the g/f's was auto w/o power locks.
I have a 1989 Toyota Celica GTS - 5spd manual trans w/ power locks.
NO factory alarm - NO power trunk
So here's where I'm at...
Remote start 5spd 1989 Toyota Celica -- posted image.
Please let me know if you require a clearer image. - It's the largest I could get it with my free hosting account.
Now, everything in green is “good to go”!
The stuff with red boxed around them and question marks mean I don't clearly understand what purpose these wires serve and where to attach them.
What the heck is the “5th relay” wire and I assume this is what the jumper settings on the back of the unit are for?
Other notes:... - I assume since my power locks are the negative type that I use the #11 wire (NEG. Door Input) in the 12pin harness instead
of the (POS. Door Input) #6. - Right?
What wire gets hooked up to my door pin?
Is a starter kill relay a must?
I have 2 ignition wires - do I need a relay for that too?
I there a particular kind/rating of diode that's most commonly used for this kind of install?
If anyone could gimme a hand that would be great!
Thanks folks!
Mike
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  

I see we have a Crappy Tire unit, looks like the CT3200?

The 5th relay is used in vehicles that require a second ignition line (maybe to power up a computer or fuel pump for example), or the vehicle may have 2 accessory circuits that both must be energized to turn on the heater and rear defrost. A 2nd starter is very seldom used. It is jumper selectable for use in differing vehicles.

Arm and disarm you can ignore unless your vehicle has a factory alarm system, I don't think it does. What these wires do is throw a signal to the factory alarm to either arm up locking the door and disarm for remote start or door unlock.

The orange parking brake wire must be hooked up to the park brake. There should be one wire on the park brake that when the park brake is engaged the wire goes to ground and is open when the park brake is off. The remote starter will not work without this wire.

Your door locks will be controlled by the #2 brown and #3 green wires labelled lock and unlock. Find the wires in the vehicle that are the lock / unlock wires and IIRC the circuit in the vehicle is a - trigger system, all you should need to do is attach these wires to them.

The door input wire should be the grey wire, - door input and must be done for the starter to work, this wire is attached to the door pin trigger that makes your dome light go on and off.

#10 white wire you will not use unless you are doing the optional starter kill relay, it is not a must.

#9 purple you will not use.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Mike_89gts 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Rob - that's awesome info!
Yeah - yeah -yeah! - It's a crappy tire unit.
Better than any of those Bulldog units though.
What about the 2 ignition wires?
Should I relay 'em or can I just tap-in
to one of them?
Your help is truly appreciated.
Mike
forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
Mike, am busy doing a RS Alarm right now, might be hours and hours before I get back to you.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
the 5th relay output is selectable based on the position of the jumper... default is second ignition so just hook this wire up to your second ignition wire and off you go....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
forbidden 
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kevin, got busy here today.
Mike_89gts 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
So you're saying to hook the the only “to ignition” wire on the remote start unit to 1 of my 2 ignition wires and hook up the
5th relay wire on the remote start unit to my 2nd ignition wire
(with the jumper settings on ignition - of course!)
That's what you mean?
Thanks,
Mike
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic