icon

paging system for trailer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rickgood 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

hi guys - I am working with a 30 ft box trailer that has an new alarm system in it . It is a 110 volt ac alarm. I need to find a paging system for this for when the trailer is being towed by the truck. Can i use a compu star paging alarm for this and if so, can i trigger it from the existing alarm. If your wondering, i have not been able to find a pager that can work with the ac alarm. Any suggestions?

Thanks Rick

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
Does that have a Battery Back-Up for the Alarm?  If not, would UNplugging 110 kill the Alarm?
You should be able to find a Voltage converter to power any 12Volt Item....Even while your towing.  Also, if you park trailer you could use a Small Dry Cell battery for the Pager
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
I am asumming your running an inverter that is charging a battery of some sort to get your 110 (in addition to a shore line..)? If that is the case, then definitly. One of the lowvoltage triggers of your existing alarm can operate a paging module..
rickgood 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
This trailer has its own generator which kicks in as soon as the power cord is disconnected.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic