icon

2004 Lexus es330 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mmakay 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying to install a Prestige APS-55TW remote starter in to a 2004 es330. I have completed the wiring and successfully programed the tach sense.
When I send the start command, the car responds with all the normal actions except it doesn't crank. BUT, if I put the key in the ignition, and turn it to the run position, the remote starter works fine. That tells me that either the key sense wire or bypass module is at fault ... but I could be wrong!
What should I try? check? test?
Thanks!
Mickey
spl-Hz 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
When you remote start check to see if the factory security is causing the no crank.
mmakay 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
What test will tell me that?
-Mickey
snguyen 
Silver - Posts: 281
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  

Is there a security key blink when you try to remote start?   Did you hook up the all the wires ie starter, acc, ign???   Wouldn't hurt to check all your connection and see if you miss anything.

mmakay 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
After double checking every wire I determined that I'd blown a fuse. I re-routed the 12+ directly from the battery (using a 30A fuse) and the car now starts ... but it only stays on for 2 seconds before shutting off.
Any suggestions?
-Mickey
JasCleinmark 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
If you check the key sense wire, I say bad bypass.
"Find a profession you love, and you'll never have to work another day in your life."
mmakay 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
If I remove the bypass, the car will crank but not start at all. But the car DOES start and run for a moment with the bypass installed. That tells me the bypass is working. Is that a fair assumption?
I have the keysense going to ground during start using a relay on the ignition output. Is there some reason that could be the problem?
-Mickey
mmakay 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, I even tried putting a jumper between the keysense wire and ground so the car was dinging as though a key were left in the ignition. Same problem: car starts but shuts off after a couple of seconds.
-Mickey
Sanjose956 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
need the right bypass mod. to get it to start. either 555u or 556u. for the 555u you need a third key.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic