icon

03 Honda Civic stereo install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ollieman15 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, for the last two hours, my buddy and I have been trying to take the CD player out of his girlfriends 03 Honda Civic.  We have a buddy that works at the honda dealership, and he said to take out the console, and remove the bolts from underneath.  Well we did that, but there is a bolt with a square head that we can't get out.  We are about to go nuts, can someone PLEASE help us figure out how to get this thing out.
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tried using a bolt head screwdriver or drill bit to get it out?
Is that the only apparent thing holding you back?
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
There are no bolts with square heads that need to be removed. There are 2 or 3 8mm botls and thats it. I cant remember if its 2 or 3. But either way once they are removed the deck will slide strait out the front. Sometimes they stick but thats it, no other tricks.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
ollieman15 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  

Well we have both pulled on it and it still won't come out.  Should we pry out the deck from the front, or should we do it from underneath?  What is the best way to get it out without tearing up the dash.  Thanks for the help

Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
If you decide you must try to pry do it from underneth because you dont run the risk of scratching the dash. How many bolts did you take out.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
ollieman15 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, we got it out, now I have another question.  We are hooking up an amp, so we have a converter for the RCA wires.  What wires on the CD player do we connect the converter wires to?  Sorry for all the ?'s , I'm not a newbie, I just havn't ever worked on a Civic.  Thanks for all the help.
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
So are you using the factory deck in this deal or what exactly is going on because now I am confused. Explain what you are doing in its entirty in one post so I can help you out because as of right now I dont know what to tell you because I dont understand what you are trying to accomplish
ollieman15 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, we are using the stock head unit.  We built a fiberglass enclosure for the trunk.  Obviously the stoxk unit doesn't have RCA hookups so we have a converter that should connect to the stock unit and plug right up to the RCA's from the amp.  Just not sure what wires to connect the converter to.  I have never used a RCA converter and the wires are not labled.  Sorry for confusing you. 

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
Well, Hate to say it but if you went through the trouble to pull the deck to hook up a LOC, then I hate to break it to you...you didnt need to pull the deck, the easiest way is to tap into the speaker wires on the rear speakers you can easily access them from the trunk
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
ollieman15 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  

Well it is already done, so could you help me to figure out which wires need to be connected, like I said before I havn't ever used a connector so I didn't have any idea I could do that.  Thanks for the advice though

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic