icon

mild winter affecting R/S sales?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2004 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
Just curious if this warm winter weather is affecting anyone else's remote starter sales this winter?, looking at my books im about 2-3 weeks behind in sales this winter compared to last winter. hows this winter treating everyone else?
another interesting point i was discussing with my partner is alot of remote starters are purchased as gifts for christmas, and since it hasnt been that cold yet it seems alot of people arent buying remote starters as gifts for the holidays, so this leaves us wodering whats going to happen after christmas?
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2004 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
We seem tobe slightly ahead of last year, but other sales have dropped.  Think it has more to do with the economy than tempatures.  Even the malls are not as busy as they were in previous years.  Bout half rs sales are gifts.  This years been strange in that we seem to do 4-5 units from one person (family or friends), instead of single installs.  Hope it gets a little colder after Christmas, and the word spreads even futher.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2004 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
We have definatly notice a decrease in buisness from last year, I am sure its caused by both mild winter and poor economy
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2004 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  

there was a very slow start here, however now its picking up real nice. with the extra time, though, we've been able to attach more features to the installs, so thats a plus.

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2004 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
Warm winter, I live in Florida an soem places have reach records, in the 20' and 30's. I figure teh temp up north was ........hell i dont want to think about it. mild winter affecting R/S sales? -- posted image.
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  

Yeah, it was nice and midly in southwestern ohio until yesterday. (We freaking were colder than Green Bay, we win for worst weather state ever.) I swear, it actually made me wear a coat at work last night, first time this season. I was quite content with the gradual grading to freezing my ass off, this sucks. Makes me REALLY want that remote start.

1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  

I'd like to get one for my mother. I live in Southern NH. She says she doesn't need one, but she warms her car up for 5-10 minutes when it's cold.

I found some systems for $50-$120 that would do the trick, but I'm also set with screwing with mom's cars in subzero weather. I could get it wired no problem, the only thing I might get snagged on is the 'tach' or timer to start the engine correctly. I've heard this is the challenge for the newbies, I've honestly never connected a remote start so I'm all set with doing something that could potentially damage the car if done incorrectly.

The car is a 2002 Hyundai Accel, automatic, all power....this should definitly have a R/S security system!

So, I wouldn't mind having this done at a shop if I knew someone I could trust to do it right. It would be a cool gift, how much should I look at spending? I'm sure the box stores will toss something in there in under 20 minutes and charge nothing for it, but I'm more inclined to visit the local small shops. I don't want an amature installing anything on mom's car.

speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  
It's not mild to me it's 25 out side right now, and I'm in Florida. To cold for me.
Big Dave
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
well, its the 21st right now, and its feakin cold out now, and the starter sales are back up, so i guess this post can end now mild winter affecting R/S sales? -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic