icon

New System, Opinions, Comments, Ideas pls

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Razor222 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
hey all, this to be honest will be my first system and i've been reading everywhere i can on forums etc. to try and get my knowledge up. these are my thoughts so far:
- HU: Alpine HDA-5460 Hard Disc Drive Player
- Speakers: 2 x Clarion SRS1685 16 cm 2-WAY COMPONENT SYSTEM
- Sub: 1 x Pioneer TS-W12PRS 12" Premier® PRS Component Subwoofer
only problem is i can't decide on an amp for neither the sub or full range...any suggestions would be more than welcome :) thanks in advance New System,  Opinions, Comments, Ideas pls -- posted image.
if it is of any concequence it'll be going into a 1982 Mazda 626 Coupe
Razor222 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
okay the sub setup has changed now - thinking of 61lt sealed enclosure with 2x Pioneer TSW-305C...also are rear speakers all that neccessary? my car is a coupe and wont be carrying rear passangers all that often, also i listen to hiphop n rock, if that effects the conclusion.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  

Rear speakers are allways a PLUS.....  rear fill just rounds out the sound, just don't play'em as loud as the fronts.

Myself I like a simple footprint, the fewer electronic peices the better. Less chance for noise and a much simpler install.   Maybe consider looking for a 5 channel amp. Front,rear and sub amp all in one chassis

xtant 603x     999.00     planet audio TT5600    449.00  or the 800.5 for a grand  (too much money)

crossfire 705D   499.00     Earthquake tnt900   349.00

The sealed box (in my opinion) is best, I like all the bass not just the boom a ported or bandpass box creates

Have fun

rt2party 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
i wouldnt bother with components in the back, just get some decent 2-way speakers to go back there. also you'll wanna amp the components for the front staging with a 2ch amp or you could use a 4ch amp and do the sub with the other 2 channels.
bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
for rock, you would be better off not having rear fill at all. though i am used to having no rear fill as i have a single cab truck and have no rear. techno is the only music where rear fill sounds good in my opinion. as long as you dont have people back there all that much, you shouldnt worry about it
Razor222 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 5:28 AM / IP Logged  
hey guys thanks alot, i've thought bout it n decided to compliment the components with some clarion SRR6915 or 35s..yes/no?
Razor222 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 5:34 AM / IP Logged  
edit* for the rear that is...also what is the general thought on HDD headunits? ie. the Eclipse AVX2494 and Alpine HDA-5460..cheers (btw yous r so freakin amazing and helpful i seriously appreciate it:0)
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
imo 6 1/2's in the rear would be a better option, if your looking for anyfill, you should beable to produce enough bass to mix into what your sub will be outputing, so the seperation between the 2 is harder to tell.
6x9 would be fine, but i find 6 1/2's to sound cleaner but not output the lower bass like 6x9s.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  

I wouldn't worry at all about rears, personally... Just use your stock speakers.  In any event they should be the very last priority in your budget.

From your system list I can tell you're more interested in sound quality than SPL, is this correct? 

Is the sub dvc?  4-ohm a coil?  The amp you pick will depend on this.

Also, what's your budget for the amplification?

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Razor222 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
oh kay, well the thing is i bought the car with zilch radio n speakers as it is lol but i have acquired some 'free' speakers for the rear since so they should suffice. you're correct in asssuming quality is a must for me - the subs r svc and 4ohm. they're available in dvc design but the thing is i want to buy the box as is and it comes with the dual woofers as a complete thing if u kno wat i mean because i have zero experience in building enclosures - ported, sealed or otherwise. amp budget is probably $1000AUD all up, including both amps. thanks again.
great effort comes from great attitude - pat riley
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic