Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Helf 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  

Vehicle: 2003 Ranger

Brand Remote Start: Designtech #28624t

I have connected all the wiring for this remote start and am getting no start.  When you press the start button it illuminates all of the dash lights briefly and then shuts off.  I am using the universal bypass to bypass the transponder in the factory key.  I did attempt wiring up a DEI capsule style ford bypass and the vehicle started right up.  However, with that bypass it would not retain memory and required you to insert the 2 keys and turn to run until the theft light in the instrument panel went out then do the other key every time you remote started it.  This unit is just a remote start we are not connecting the keyless entry.  I did bypass the hood pin switch by connecting it directly to 12 volts.  I have had these in the past and do not want to use it.  In my opinion it appears for some reason the bypass is not actually bypassing anything since when I used a different bypass the vehicle started right up.  I am not sure about the #5 diagnostic code either.  It says if this code is present to cut the green wire in the receiver.  Well there is no green wire in the receiver, I took it apart and found none.  So that is my problem, look forward to your responses in this matter.  Thanks,

Jason

Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
Well if you're not using the hood pin switch there is no need to hook it up to anything. Is the security light flashing in the dash when you try to remote start it?
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
Helf 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
It is doing exactly that, the security light is flashing.  When I cycle the keys and disable the security it starts right up, how can I fix this?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic