icon

wanting to try self-installing viper 791

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Maximus96 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
i want to try to install a viper 791 myself on my 05 scion TC. i got a wiring sheet for the TC but i want to look at the install guide for the viper to get an idea if i'm capable of doing the install myself. i've installed stereos before but never an alarm, mainly because i don't know where all the wires are. the wiring sheet gives the color and location and leads me to think i can at least try to do the install myself. can anybody provide me an installation guide? i couldn't find it on DEI's website, they only have an owner's guide.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
HERE
Never done a scion, but doulb check wires with a meter.
Good luck, have fun.
Do scion have transponders.
Maximus96 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
thank you. the TC have transponders on the key. so i'll need a bypass unit. is the 555U the latest one?
Maximus96 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
a shop quoted me $299 to buy and install the 791. they refuse to install the remote start because its a 5 speed. can somebody confirm that the 791 comes with the remote start module? i wouldn't need to buy anything else besides the bypass to install the remote start myself?
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
You will require a DEI 668M, only avalable in Canada, from what I understand (lucky us!) to properly install the 791XV (or any other DEI remote start piece) into any manual transmission vehicle. It will ensure that your vehicle will not have the tendancy to run over any of your loved ones, property, or not so loved ones.
As far as the bypass unit goes, the latest version is the 556U.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
Maximus96 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
i thought i can just bypass the clutch (haven't figure out how yet) to use remote start in a 5 speed?
Maximus96 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
i understand the risk of remote starting a 5 speed. i have seen a buddy twice accidently left his car in gear and remote started. it started rolling hit a tree once and another car the second time.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic