icon

1995 honda accord lx sedan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ksingh 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
Hey whats up guys,  I am having some problems with my 1995 accord lx the other day the car was overheating and then i changed the thermostat, the top and bottom radiator hoses and also installed a new radiator cause it was leaking.  Now i started the car and let it warm up real good the heat guage was at 1/4 normal and the cooling fan should have came on during that warm up period but it never turned on.  I did all the routine check fuses,relay and wiring everything was good now i was told the thermostat switch/ect switch and the other switch at the radiator was probably bad. I changed the thermostat switch and the engine control switch which is for the fan and the fan still dont work i dotn know what else could be wrong can anyone out there please help me out with this i need this car to get to work and school.  Also if anyone have a schematic of that specific cooling fan and also test prodecure please send it to me or someone out there please help me out.  Thanks guys I really appreciate your help.
Kenny
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

See if you have a couple wires coming off the radiator somewhere (thermoswitch).  If the coolant level is too low, the switch will not work properly, so be sure your system is topped off. 

Ensure you get 12 volts to this harness.  If not, you've got some more wiring to check.  If yes, disconnect this harness, and jumper the two wires, bypassing the switch. 

Did the fans come on?  If not, then double check your fuses and relays.  If yes, then you've isolated the problem. 

You can also disconnect your cooling fan and test for continuity.  I don't know the specs, but I'd assume somewhere between 50 and 100 ohms would be normal.  Let us know what you discover.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic