icon

The Axe Test

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rt2party 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
i had built a temporary sub box for my truck until i build the real box for the real equipment (i wanted to practice my glassin' a little) but today i was tired of the sub and amp turing off and on at random intervals so i decided to test the strength of the box/ sub/ and amp! i went to the basement and got an old chopping ax (the sharp kind, not a splitting axe) and stood a-top the box, the first blow was to the subwoofer, needless to say, it promptly failed the ax test (lightneing audio 10" sub from walmart maybe? my lil bro bought it cause he needed the box it came with but was cheaper than JUST a box.) the next blow was to the amp. it failed too. (lightening b150.2) also free to me). the third blow, i climbed off the box and smacked the top where it was just glass bout as hard as i could. it cracked a few layers of the glass but it did not destroy it. it was easitly fixable and even still run-able even though it looked ugly. my guess is that the blade (kinda dull) of a 3Lb. axe hits harder than ANY subwoofer i can aford to put in there so i must have done a good job buildng it. if any of you doubt the strength of your box or equipment, hit them with an axe! i threw the ruined equipment and box away becasue i dont need it (i start construction of the new stuff tomorrow) and i did a public service by driving an axe through some "lightening audio" equipment, hereby preventin it from being installed in the trunk of some person who might mistakenly think they had a "bumpin' system". if im not too lazy i'll take pics ofthe new box when i construct it. lataz ~Ryan
Carbonb 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
Seems like a waste of equipment to me.
You should of just given the stuff to the little brother of a friend or something.
spootydlux4 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  
im sure some dumbass wouldve paid you like 20 bucks or sumthin
blah blah blah blah
spootydlux4 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  
but then again it is always fun to destroy sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Axe Test -- posted image.
blah blah blah blah
rt2party 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged  
the reason i axed it was that the amp was broke, and to "seal" the subwoofer i just glassed it to the box w/ a syrenge full of hot resin. so the axe method was the best way to remove it from the enclosure. and... it was fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic