icon

pioneer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
redneckmorton 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  

I just got a new/used head unit from a friend.  He was selling everything and had a nice Pioneer Premier DEH-P760MP, I hade a Pioneer DEH-P6400 (I think, may have been 6300 or 6500 dont remember now).  Well we swaped straight up.  the premier is only about 5 months old at the most.  mine was alot older than that, I had bought it used too.  This makes my fourth head unit to have by Pioneer and I love them and this is the first one I have had problems with. 

The problem that I have noticed that when I speed up the music will get lounder and when I put my brakes on to stop it will go back down.  It is in a 1996 Ford F-150.  I had a ground wire ran with my wireing harness for my amp (it  was how i was told to do it buy Best Buy) and I thought that might be my problem, so I grounded it through my truck harness and it is still doing the same thing. 

My question is what can is happening?  I have ask Performance Car Audio here in Nederland, TX, and they had no clue why it would be doing this and one of the guys sent me to this site to ask you help. 

Thanks for your time, and any help you can provide me,  Daniel Morton

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like a volume meter that matches the interior noise of the car, so when you accelerate the deck will compensate for the road noise, and when you slow down it will lower the volume to match the road noise alike. You may want to check the manual in order to turn off this feature. I have seen this feature in Corvette radios because they are so noisy. 
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, this is a option on some factory radios. At least it was, im not sure if this ever really caught on.
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
It's a factory option in some Ford vehicles. I'm not puite sure how to disable it, but my dad's F-1 Fiddy does the same thing.
Paul
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
Pioneer has the same option called ASL. Go through the menu and turn ASL off and that will fix this. Most people dont know what this  option is and turn it on and dont uderstand what its doing to thier system.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
redneckmorton 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2004 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  

I was out riding around last night and was trying to fix it and I did.  When I first seen it (the ASL option)  I woundered about it and turn it on, and at the time I was going down the road.  So it made it louder.  I like it then the volume went down and I had no clue what happened.  Thanks for yalls time, Daniel Morton.

Just one more question about it.  Why am I getting a differnt sound quality out of this head then my last one.  Like I have to have the voulme up to like 20 when my last one I was on like 10 at the most.  Thanks again.

sbcaprice305 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  

check all the x over points

bass

treble

bass boost of any kind....powerful, superbass, ect

but 10? how would anything get started?

sexyvic1 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
this one also has higher preout volts, than your old radio...... are u using amps?
redneckmorton 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
no i am not useing any amps.  I think I have them every thing set up the same but maybe not.  I have an amp that I was going to use but it want put out any power It will turn on but not give any power.  Still kicking my self for buying it, (that is another store though).  Thanks for all your help.  I am really enjoying this board its full of info.  Thanks, Daniel Morton.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic