BOA Remote Starter Programming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snichols 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2004 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I just finished wiring a BOA remote start and interface module (pass code 2). I have double-checked the wiring, ground and fuses and I am unable to program the transmitter after several unsuccessful attempts.. Any suggestions?
colombianitoxp 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
Hey man, i'm having the exact same problem you are... I just finished installing mine today as well and i'm having a really hard time programming the transmiter, from what i gathered, you have to reset the BOA main CPU by disconnecting the the battery and then reconnecting it. The transmitter can only be programmed on the first "ignition turn on" but like you, i've tried it and the transmiter will just not receive the signal, I got the head lights to blink twice, when i programmed it, but when i tried to re start it wit the transmitter the system didn't even get the signal because there was no bliking of the headlights, so if u make any progress let me know, because i will be outside in the cold again tryin to figure it out...
Eddiepen 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM---CONTACTED BOA AND THEY TOLD ME TO DISCONNECT ALL WIRES FROM THE TRANSMITTER  WAIT 30 SEC THEN REATTACH THEM .THIS WILL RESET ALL THE GIZMOS IN THE BLACK BOX. THEN PROGRAM ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS--IT WORKED PERFECT FROM THEN ON--GOOD LUCK
eddie pennebaker
peridigm 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
I am having the same problem. If the lights flash twice during program then isn't the remote programmed? It is also a little unclear about the initial program. Do you actually start the car or just turn the key to the start position to program?
colombianitoxp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
IF they do blink twice then the remote is programmed, but thats why i got confused because even after that the starter didn't do anythig, but i was only able to get that to happen once (to blink), i've tried disconnecting and reconecting and all that and its still not workin, i've checked my connections and they are all good, and from what the maual says, just turn the key to the ON position, not crank and start, so i'm pretty sure its just the ON position......i'll try again tomorrow and i'll let you know if i make any progress.....
snichols 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
Well, I got it to work - waited overnight, pressed the start button twice and the darn thing started... Unfortunately, I had to disconnect the module to mount it. Now I am back to square 1!
dustimizer 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
These units seem to be very picky!  when using and programming the units, keep the remote 4 to 5 feet away from the antenna.  this works for us every time.  good luck!!
colombianitoxp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, dustimizer was absolutely correct, I cant belive how picky the transmitter is, but sure enough it worked out just right, it still took me a couple of attemps to program it, but i finally got it , so just stand back like 10 feet and then try it, and that should work...for 60 bux its not bad after ur able to get the remote to work.....thanx guyz
mykicks007 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
I had to get a new battery for the transmitter, turns out, it was already low, replace with new battery and it worked
meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
Yea.. these units are very finicky.. i've installed about 6 of them for friends and for my beaters...   i just get into the habbit of pulling the fuses and whatnot.. its not bad at all really.. but the range on these units suck... If it doesnt catch the remote in like the first 15 seconds its not gonna catch it at all... saves u the time of waiting for the transmitter to time out... i'm upgrading mine to the keyless unit when i put power locks in my beater... great units for like $30 so...
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic