icon

good SQ 12 sub?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rt2party 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  
i am in the market for a decent single 12" sub to put in my truck. i am a poor college student so things like Adire Brahama is out of the question. (although i'd love one) i want to run about 300w RMS and all the other speakers are polk so i was thinkign maybe a polk momo sub? any other sugestions? i have never had much experiance with alpine or eclipse or infinity subs i know many of them fall into this range. also, i will only have about 7" of mounting depth in the custom enclosure im building. thanks for your help. ~Ryan
hott nikkels 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
get the adire shiva. it's $125 and 300watts would be perfect for it.
good spl/sq
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
Good Choice^^^ If you're going for strictly sq, seal it...otherwise port it.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
Go either the adire shiva ($125) as stated above, or look at some polk MOMO's. I recently heard them and was quite impressed. - Tony
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Sancho 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
go with focal
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
Focal? Are you out of your mind? Those things are crazy expensive (Though worth it) but still if he has that kind of cash laying around he would get the Brahma. Stick with the Shiva, it won't dissapoint.

Tony
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
rt2party 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
ok i think i have decided on the adire shiva, can someone explain how i would wire an amp to dual 8ohm voice coils? also WHERE CAN I BUY ONE? i had a little trouble navigating the Adire site and every other online place said they are backordered. i know a guy from adire audio posts here sometimes, maybe he, or anyone else who knows, can help me to get this ordered. i am quite excited, i have always heard good things about adire products. thanks for all your help. ~Ryan
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
I don't what the guys will think, but I have a pyramid 12" that sounds great. It's no where near expensive, but it's always sounded very good. I know good sound because i'm a bando with a very sensitive ear. but the Shive is really good too.
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
Sancho 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
what ???pyramid, I'm sorry man but it seems smth wrong with your sensitive ear good SQ 12 sub? -- posted image.
Head Unit:Alpine CDA 9835
6.5 MB Quart Pce 210
Amp:JBL 80.4
Amp:JBL 1200.1
Sub:Adire Brahma 12 MKII
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, I just know how to tune things. rt2, are you going to be installing this equipment yourself or having it installed? If you do it yourself and have an idea of what things should sound like, you can really make almost anything sound good. It kinda depends on the music you listen to as well. I listen to anything and everything so I got a sub that can do that. For those of that can't live large we have to tune our ears, and our own equipment.
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic