the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Can I powr seperates off a 9833 HU? good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quick4321 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 3:12 AM / IP Logged  

I am still looking at the best way to set up my comuter car. A local shop owner asked if I considered running my Fronts off a headunit (internal amp) and run a single sub off a MTX 275x  (75wx2) I have lying around? Ive always thoguht that running speakers off the headunit was a big NO-NO. Can I run a set of MB Quart 130.0KX sepearates off an Alpine 9833 (60wx4) and have them sound decent? or do I really need to pony up and buy an amp to get decent sound of of the speakers. Im still leaning torwards the Hifonics 50x4 plus 200x1amp on fleabay for 200.00 and running a 9830 as a headunit. I would save money using my current amp on my sub and using the head unit to power the speakers.... But will it sound horrible?

Thanks!

Clarion DRX9255
Dynaudio MD130, MD140/2, MD160, MD170
(4) ID V3. 12" Dual 2ohm IB setup
EPX2 Symmetry w/ zapco line drivers
Monior 1 amps (2)MK2.120, MK4.70
Hifonics Colosus VII 1600x1
bluetruck 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 5:10 AM / IP Logged  
it is 60 x 4 peak, probably not more than about 17RMS. to answer your question- you CAN do this but it is not the optimum situation. the speakers will play but they wont be nearly as loud/clear as with an external amp. it comes down to how deep your pockets are for this install. if you cant afford more equip, then d what you mentioned in this post. if you have a little change sitting around, id buy another amp. thats my $.02 good luck.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic