icon

Trunk help please.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quick4321 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 4:23 AM / IP Logged  

I have finally gathered all the parts I need to begin rebuilding my project car. I have chosen to go infinite baffle in a 94 mustang GT four 12" so I have a lot of open trunk space. THIS IS A FIRST!. I have 4 amps, a battery/cap, and wiring I need to install into the trunk. I was thinking of just glassing the sides of the trunk and then glueing foam to the sides and then vinal over the foam with tan vinal to match the car. I was then thinking of putting down some .5" MDF on the trunks floor and then installing all the amps/wiring on that. Lastly I would need to build some type of cover to cover the trunk again (thin wood). Cutting holes to show off the amps but hide the wiring. Then vinal over that wood like the sides of the trunk. This idea jsut seems to plain for me. Anyone have any sugestions on what to do? Im so used to my trunk being 100% filled with speaker box that I dont know what to do? Im up for anything Worm gears? moving amp racks. I jsut need to help picturing these advanced items. Im sure with a little explaining I can build just about anything. Thanks in advance for the tips and tricks! The items in my signature are whats going in this car. The only consideration is the wheel well is empty, I figured the battery could be housed in the wheel well.

Clarion DRX9255
Dynaudio MD130, MD140/2, MD160, MD170
(4) ID V3. 12" Dual 2ohm IB setup
EPX2 Symmetry w/ zapco line drivers
Monior 1 amps (2)MK2.120, MK4.70
Hifonics Colosus VII 1600x1
xdjxklusivex 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 4:52 AM / IP Logged  

.75 inch mdf mold in the trunk build the rings and dowels and place em where u want the subs for the amps if u got enuf room put the amps over one another above the subs seperate the box into two chambers not 4 and try to run the same kind of amps for the same kind of subs Dynaudio MD130, MD140/2, MD160, MD170  i believe those r ur amps i wouldnt do it becasue the signal will be off and weird sounding bass ;-) have fun

quick4321 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
You mentioned doing rings and glass. I was jsut thinking of building a 1" thick MDF wall at the back of the trunk and mounting the 4 12"'s there. I wasnt going to do the whole ring and glass, but its an idea. Im jsut worried im going to look very plain with a wall of subs and then some amps on the floor of th etrunk.
Clarion DRX9255
satfrk32 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  

what i've seen from show cars and there woofer setup design, the crazier the better. It sounds like to me you have a nice setup idea, but I agree it does seem short of awe inspiring. I know this sounds crazy but if you want send me pictures of your trunk (viewers standpoint), 1 sub (front view), and 1 amp picture, and a snap shot of your tan vinyl inside.... and I can help. I'm fairly good with paint shop and I can make some visuals for you to help you see the finished product.

send the pictures to brokentvsites@hotmail.com

quick4321 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 5:00 AM / IP Logged  

cool Ill snap some shots for you. It might be a day or two. I work the nightshift and Im nuts this week becasue of the holidays.

Clarion DRX9255
bomex_eclipse 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  

Here is a good looking Mustangs with custom sound system and interior.

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/7692

If You Can Imagine It Glass It!
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
Thats a good looking interior. 
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
quick4321 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
I've seen that link before. I definitely like what he did with the subs but he has the benifit of not owning a convertible. Im going to do the 4 12's Infinite baffel with the subs in the back of the trunk with the subs facing the rear bumper so when you open the trunk youll see the 12's looking at you tucked back about 2 feet. Then Im going to mold the trunk the best I can and integrate my power, amps, and EQ. I have to mold in a hugh Hifonics Colosus amp and 3 Monitor 1 amps which are all pretty big, also I have a symmetry and Optima batter to fit. I think I can go for a very simple and "Clean" look. Im not looking to be extremely flashy, i jsut want some of the best sound you have ever heard and it look like everything is integrated well in the trunk. Its a hell of a summer project. I have all the parts, I just need to install them. It took me a number of years to peice all the parts together. My wife slowed down my spendign a bit.
Clarion DRX9255

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic