icon

how do i complement my components

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigboi11 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
If i get a nice set of components what do I get for the rear.  Just regular 6x9's or get some components for the rear also.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  
Rears are best used as a fill-in and won't be appreciated for their sound quality from the driver's seat.  So nix the idea of using components.  The mid-bass from the rears, however, can be very complimentary to the overall sound in the car as they occupy a spot (usually) between the subwoofer and the fronts.  You can get a more powerful overall mid-bass kick with decent rears installed.  If your car has 6x9 cutouts, that's what you should use.  Generally, if the sound you have now is fulfilling, do nothing for the rears.  If you want to experiment with them, buy good quality coaxials and try to get them from the same manufacturer as your front components.  If you can't match manufacturer, get them from a brand that makes similar quality.  Connect them to a dedicated set of amplifier channels that you can adjust with a high pass filter, and fade them out to the point where you can't locate their sound from the driver's seat.  If the sound doesn't improve what you already have, you can always give them to your little brother.
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  
Tell them their ass looks good in those jeans...(j/K). 
Do it right the first time
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
I put 2 sets of comps on my explorer, front and rear, and they really do sound great. The thing is, when i placed in 6x9's, they really weren't what i wanted and when i had people in the car they said they sucked, so simple as that, i went and bough another set of CVL-6K comps and now everone can enjoy it. You don't need comps and can save the extra money, but if you want you can purchase them and definitely fill in what you want and in case you have anybody else in the car they can enjoy it too!
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  

raydawg357 wrote:
Tell them their ass looks good in those jeans...(j/K). 

heh heh   Yes, I've heard that some of those components can be rather sensitive.  Personally, I think that if you just refrain from shouting insults at them they'll be just fine...but a kind word here and there never hurt anything!

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
Spend as much money as possible on the front speakers. 90% of your music should be coming from them.
I would get everything installed, and just run the stock rears off the head unit for a bit, attenuated so they don't detract from the front stage at all.
You might find that the stock speakers work fine for fill, and prevent yourself from wasting money.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic