DEI 555f

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vbrookslv 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  

Greetings all,

I am having a Clifford RSX 3.5 with Remote Start installed in my 2005 F350.  I understand that a 555F unit is required to bypass the chipped key protection.  Can someone who is truly familiar with this unit elaborate on how it functions?

My concern is that I have heard of installs that required putting a key hidden somewhere under the dash, or removing the chip from a key, etc.  I am really not interested in leaving a key   (or any physical part of a key) inside the vehicle if I don't have to.  I got the impression that maybe these units get registered with the onboard computer as if they were their own key, but do not actually require leaving an actual key.  Can someone clarify?  I know there are a lot of both good and bad installers out there, I just want to be sure I am dealing with a good one.  :)

jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  

All this box is doing is translating the signal from your key to your ignition. This process is only done during the remote starting process. The point of the chip being in the key is so that your truck will not start with anything else but that key. All of those features still work on the truck its like I said previously that the purpose of the "key in the box" is only there to bypass that security feature during the remote start process only. There is no other way around it. Every bypass box that you use (brand) all require a key.

The way the box works is that there is a copper coil that comes from the box and wraps around your ignition. This you wont be able to see. The key is placed into the box. Now when you remote start your vehicle, the remote starter sends a + signal to the bypass kit that turns it on hence , sending the signal of your key to the ignition, then the vehicle remote starts.

I hope this helps you to understand a little better as to how these modules work.

MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
the 555F has the same transponder "chip" in it that your key does.... it learns the code from your key and then simply replicates this code during RS allowing your vehicle to be started without leaving a key in it anywhere... never effecting the OEM system......
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
mmm, so far I havn't seen any transponder on the 05 superduty.
done 2 05's so far and both were lacking transponder
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  

I would check to see if you do have a transponder based anti-theft system first, you may not need anything.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic