icon

wiring problem with a 2002 lancer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
evergrin9904 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys i am having trouble with keyless entry and remote start on 2002 mitsubishi lancer. The remote start asks for an ignition 2 wire which any wire diagram ive seen does not list it. The car cranks over but does not start. Second the car unlocks but does not lock. I ve hooked the lock wire to the purple wire and the unlock wire to the lt. green wire. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

evergrin9904
jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
This is all I have to help you with but, as for the door locks the connections are correct. Just be sure that they are sending a ground pulse rather than a + pulse. This car is also eqqiped with a transponder type system. You need to bypass this which will cost you a spare key.
MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
-thats one less ignition wir eyou have worry about. but theres a 2nd ACC(blue/white), you can power this one up, but its not necessary for RS.
|       POWER LOCK|purple              |- |driver kick panel           |
|     POWER UNLOCK|lt. green           |- |driver kick panel           |
use a DMM to test these wires. you could be miss guided by bunches of harness at the DKPanel
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
evergrin9904 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
ok i think i understand the locks, but the start is what is really bothering me. Like i said it cranks but doesn't start , this is a tachless installation so is there something i am missing i dont understand the transponder type system im not familure with that. Hopefully i can get it working its my wifes christmas present. Thanks for your help so far.
evergrin9904
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
does it start w/ the key in teh keycylinder(do NOT turn)?
if it start(only w/ the key in), then you have some sort of antitheft. if it still doesnt start, you might want to increase the crank time since youre using tachless mode.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
jaurora 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  

I have already did installs on this car. It has chryslers transponder system in it. Without the key the remote start will NOT WORK. You need a transponder bypass kit. This kit requires one of the cars keys. The key has a programed chip in it that the ignition needs to see. The bypass is easy to install. It comes with what looks like a copper coil that wraps around the key cylinder. The key gose into the bypass box. Usally depending on the bypass, it is a basic 2 or 3 wire hookup. when the remote start unit is activated it turns on the transpoder bypass and sends the signal of your key to the previously installed "copper coil" around the key cylinder, fooling your ign by telling it that the key is there.

Jeremy
evergrin9904 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
ok got that this is a 2002 lancer es if that makes a difference.  I do have a valle key that does not have the chip in it and it still starts the car, but i will look into it. Do you happen to know how much those transponder kits are? thanks again
evergrin9904
jaurora 
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  

You can program the keys yourself.

what does the head of the key look like (color). The vallet key will start the car. It is ment to. But just for the sake of it, try putting the key into the cylinder fully but dont turn it. while the key is in the ign remote start the car and let me know if it starts.

Jeremy
evergrin9904 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  

ok ill try that ill have to post later, and i thank you so much for your help

evergrin9904
evergrin9904 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
oh and the key color is black on the usual keys on the vallet key it does not have a plastic head thanks again
evergrin9904
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic