2002 Trailblazer Fog Lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trailblazerLT20 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  

Hello everone

I am trying to install a set of Pilot fog lights on my 2002 Chevy Trailblazer. There is a wire that needs to be connected to a switched source ( headlight, parking light, etc ). I need some help here.

1) Can I connect this wire to the fuse for the low beam headlights?

2) If question #1 is NO, what wire should I use? Would the parking lamp wire work? I would need to know where to find the wire and what color it is so I dont mess it up. Anyone know the answer to these?

ANY help you can give me would be eternally appreciated.

Thank You

nugent 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  

it depends where that wire you need to connect is comming from. that wire may control a relay that turns the lights on and off. if connected to the parking lamp wire the relay will turn the lights on when the parking lamps are switched on. if connected to low beam wire it will turn the relay on when the low beams come on. it depends on the state that you live in as to how you can hook them up legally. most states want the fogs on with the low beams and off with the high beams. if you connect the wire to the low beam fuse the relay will be on all the time and you will probably kill the battery. if that wire controls the positive side of the relay coil you can tap in to it right at one of the low beam headlamp wires in the headlamp harness. good luck man.

trailblazerLT20 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
I left that part out...the wire is from the rocker panel switch...the rocker panel switch controls the relay so the lights are only ON when the rocker swicth is on. But the wiring diagram wants me to tap a positive source for the swicth, so I thought the low beam fuse might work, but I am getting mixed signals from people...some say the fuse box should never be tapped, others say its fine. I don't know what I should do.
nugent 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  

if all that wire does is turn on a relay coil you can get 12volts from alot of different places. just make sure the wires are of the same gauge.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic