icon

Prostart CT 5000 Door Lock Trouble

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Keith_4.6_ 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  

I have just installed a 3 in 1 car starter in a 1999 Chrysler Cirrus. This is an alarm, starter, and keyless entry all in one. Everything works but the power door locks dont unlock by remote. I am not sure if you have to program the remote, or i am kinda leaning to polarity problem in the prostart unit. With the schematics i have, it lists the prostart unit as working off of a neg polarity, and the cirrus works off of a positive . This is what i think the problem might be, any ideas would be greatly appriciated. Also i believe to make the keyless work, you only hook up 2 wires.

gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
You will require 2 relays, as the doorlocks are multiplexed single wire, and the brain will not provide enough of an isolated signal to drive them. There should be a diagram in the Relays section or the Door lock section over to the left in the blue sidebar. 680ohms for lock, 2kish for unlock.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
Keith_4.6_ 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
thanx for the quick reply. ok, i think i understand about the relay, but now i am guessing that i am going to need 2 resistors also? This door locks at 620 Ohms pos, and unlocks at 2700 ohms pos, so i am guessing i would have to put those resistors in, or would it works without?
hayman 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  

If you haven't looked at the DEI wire page have a look.  This link should take you there and then plug in your make of car.  http://www.7thgencivic.com/wiring/index.php?change=1

According to them all you have to do is locate the WHITE/ green trigger wire behind the fuse box.  Which is a positive trigger see note below. Use your digital volt meter to make sure. 

**3 Use positive (+) trigger thru a 620 ohm resistor to lock, and a positive (+) trigger thru a 2.7K ohm resistor to unlock. Must use relays.

So from what I gather you simply  hook up  fused 12volts to the relays.  Then trigger each  relay (lock&unlock)  with the prostarts unlock and lock wires accordingly  which are( -) out put.  So then  your relays are going to  have a (+) output but you  need a 620 ohm resistor inline for  lock  and  a 2.7K ohm resistor inline to unlock which are then hooked  to the  cars  locks trigger wire.

Designtech and bulldog give wire colors and tips two maybe they have more info.   If you need to know what terminals to use on the relay for this procedure post back or click on  door locks or relays on the site here I think they have pictures too.

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
Take 2 relays and black tape them together side by side. Connect the fused (10amps) +12 volts to pins 86 and 87 on each relay. Connect the prostart lock wire to pin 85 on one relay and connect prostart unlock wire to pin 85 on the other relay. Ground pins 87a on each relay. Pin 30 on relay 1 (lock relay) needs to have a small length of wire on it, then the 620ohm resistor, then another small length of wire. Pin 30 on relay 2 (unlock relay) needs the same thing done only use the 2.7k resistor. Now tie the two lines together and attach to the single lock/unlock wire in the vehicle. This should work for you in this vehicle.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
hayman 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

Rob was just wondering why it needs  87A grounded?  So when the relays are off (at rest)  the terminal 30's  the outputs will  then be connected to  constant  ground.

thanks

Keith_4.6_ 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  

there is also a ALARM, and, DISARM, wires that are neg coming out of the harness of the prostart unit, i would imaging these wires get hooked up to the unlock, lock , on the relay?

forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
If the vehicle has a factory alarm system, the arm and disarm wires control the factory alarm.
Keith_4.6_ 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  

well you seem to know these things really well, so i will ask one more question, there is also a wire on the same harness that the instructions say "WHITE (-) GROUND OUT WHEN RUNNING, this is a 500 -mA constant ground output.        ,,, now would this wire get connected to the car's ground (like the battery), or just leave it alone?

forbidden 
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  

Leave it alone, cap off the lead and do not use it.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic