icon

looking for a new cd player

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pjoseph 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  

I am looking for a new cd player I do not need an internal amp I do need 3 rca outputs at least 4 volts and needs to be able to change color.

http://www.clarion.com/usa/product/index.php?mod=details&category=source&product=DXZ845MC

or.

http://www.clarion.com/usa/product/index.php?mod=details&category=source&product=DXZ745MP

any input?

~AFAccord~ 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 1:59 AM / IP Logged  
Well it looks as if you have your options pretty well narrowed down.  There are alot of extra features on the 845MC that might push you towards it if they interest you.  The 745MP specifies 4v outputs, whereas the 845MC doesn't specify, though I'm sure with all those extra features it should deliver atleast 4v.  You might check with clarion to find out for sure.  IMHO, it's really up to you and what you want from the head unit.  The price difference isin't that big, but the features of each seem to differ greatly.  Just choose the one you find most practical for you.  Good Luck.
Black Cherry
"Experience is something you never get until just after you need it."
pjoseph 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  

So far I am set on the Alpine 9835,  I was looking for a head unit that had no internal amp, 3sets of RCA outputs that put out 4V and variable button color options.  This has all that but it has an internal amp but you can bypass it.  Before I order it I want to make sure there are no other Alpine units similiar to this one with no internal amp.

Thanks

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
there is last years cda-7998, its the same thing as the 9835 internally, minus the amp.  
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

hey there, just to let ya know i've got the clarion 845 unit and it's not a bad peice of gear, however, i personally would go with the 745, the music catcher is nice cause if yer bubby has a song ya like you can record that song right off his cd...but not back onto cd looking for a new cd player -- posted image.  maybe someday in the future we can?  i havn't looked in my manual latly but i beleive it's only got 2 volt preouts, deicent s/n ratio which i suppose would help make a diff. i replaced my old panasonic dfx-77 (which is forsale if anyone's interested) with this clarion and i gained almost 3 db's (went from 140.4 to 142.7).

overall it's a nice deck nice features but for SQ and competitions i would take the 745 anyday, for the average joe blow, the 845 will make him happy

pjoseph 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks guys

I will check out the  cda-7998,

pjoseph 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  

Well i ordered the Alpine 9835 off ebay today for $348+$30 shipping brand new.  Shipping is a little high but I have been waiting a long time for a new head unit.

I have been using a old kennwood that I bought at a kennwood outlet 4yrs ago refurbrished I ended up braking that plastic plate that goes around it to make it look nice and could never find a new one since it is an older model. So i have been looking at this unfinished head unit for a few years now i hated it even my girlfriend wanted me to get a new one which does not happen much. I am using an older 4channel xtant for my alpine spx177A components.

I plan on buying a JL audio 12W6V2 and power it with my  Xtant 6001T that I just got. 

Do you think I will hear a big difference in sound quality with the new alpine?

pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
Nice choice on the new HU!! You should notice a big sound differance. A buddy of mine just upgraded from a low end JVC to a Pioneer DEH-7600MP. It made a huge differance in his speakers as well as his subs. I think you will be very pleased compared to that old kenwood.
~AFAccord~ 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah dude, nice job.  You should be very happy with that Alpine.  Cheers!
Black Cherry
"Experience is something you never get until just after you need it."
pjoseph 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks guys

I cant wait until it gets here!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic