icon

MTX RT 2200 Amplifier, 2 Ohm Stable?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chucksnee 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
Has anybody had experience with these amps? i have found the stats for it, but i was wondering if it is 2 ohm stable?
My car does not put out 14 volts, so what i wanted to do is get a DVC 4 ohm sub so the amp will see a 2 ohm load.
Any help would be great!!
Thanks all
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/archive/rt2200.cfm

It's 2 ohm stereo stable, and 4 ohm bridged.  Use a DVC 2 ohm in series or a SVC 4 ohm sub to bridge to this amp.

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
I've heard the amps. They are okay... Sound Quality could always be better but it still can push through some good sound.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
chucksnee 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
uthinkuknoaudio wrote:
I've heard the amps. They are okay... Sound Quality could always be better but it still can push through some good sound.
No doubt in my mind! There are better amps out there! but this was free!
Thanks, i'll just get me a nice SVC 4 ohm sub and be done with it!
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
I used to sell these amps and we moved a hole lot of em. They were pretty reliable and not bad as long as you were running a basic sub. Solid little amp for a 199.99 canadian retail.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
dedlyjedly 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

uthinkuknoaudio wrote:

WHAT?! alright, who abducted uthinkukno? i cannot believe what i just read. from the man that is so quick to recommend nakamichi to everyone who asks his (or anyone else's) advice. okay then...

i would have to say that this amp is horrible! yes, i have first-hand experience, and yes, i sold a truckload of 'em.  but you know, i cant step every bottom-feeder up to the nicer stuff. some just insist on a $125 amp.

i even purchased one of them to put in a vehicle i was selling, and i wasnt ready to give up my jl 500/1.  i get chills just thinking about it

MECP certified, 5yrs experience, you probably otta listen bitch!!
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
Dedlyjedly, no one abducted me. For what you spend on this amp it really is ok. You could always get better (nakamichi of course but their are a million other companies out there MMATS, Cadence, JL, Mb Quart, US Amps, etc.) but for $199 CAN you really get an okay amp. Worth it to some, not worth it to others. Wasn't worth it to you, but some people don't know the difference in sound quality amongst amplifiers or that even such thing exists. What what you say and consider all of the ramifications before you make a statement like that.  MTX is getting better every year in my opinion, and i am eager to hear the next batch of stuff to come.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
chucksnee 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
O.K. everybody take a step back from the computer and read what i wrote!! Its a FREE AMP!!!!!! Nothing was paid for it IT WAS FREE!! FREE I TELL YA!!!
This is for my beater car any way!!
If i was going to do a system for a real car, i might and i might and might not use MTX?
But for a dream system i would use an old school ZAPCO or a U.S Amp! Or even a soundstream OLD school sub amp!
And ded how dare you talk the crap you are talking!! A bottom feeder? Screw you! You don't know me.
Hey did i say that that amp was TOTALLY FREE!!!!
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  

Free is the best price to me, so i would use it especially. Why go out and spend a bunch of cash when you got a decent amp at home laying around right now? sure its worth the investment over time but temporarily the MTX will do you good.

chucksnee 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
uthinkuknoaudio wrote:

Free is the best price to me, so i would use it especially. Why go out and spend a bunch of cash when you got a decent amp at home laying around right now? sure its worth the investment over time but temporarily the MTX will do you good.

Thanks uthinkuknoaudio, I did not mean to piss anybody off but damn!!
Alot of people think that they are going to put a SUPREME system into everything! It's not always like that! If i could i would! But not in this car!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic