icon

2003 Tahoe Acc. 12 v. wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bittman 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe and I'm looking for the radio wiring diagram or can anybody tell me how to find the Accessory 12Volt wire, when you turn the key to acc. thank you in advance

Bittman
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
the accy wire is in orange in your ignition harness. you do have a class 2 serial databus system, so i would reccommend using a bypass mod to keep the computers happy.
theronsmith 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
It doesnt have one. The radio is controled by a data wire. If your doorchime goes through your speakers then the best way to do things is to go buy a modual to create a switched 12v acc. and it will also give you a doorchime and im told that you must have the modual cause it interacts with your cars computer.
chevy II
biker8018 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  
if you are trying to hook up a radio you should use an interface mod which will give you switched power. Metra make one.GMOS 5 I think but check their site to confirm. Otherwise Pull the bottom of the dash off,remove the metal plate and connect up to the brown wire off the column. This will have power in both the key back and key forward positions
bittman 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  

I appreciate the reply. Can you please tell me what a bypass mod is and where I can get one. What I'm trying to do is install a Pioneer Avic90

navigation system  using a Sony XAV-7w in dash screen without removing the factory radio. Aplaced the Sony screen in the center console.

Thank you again.

Bittman
biker8018 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
it plugs into the factory wiring and basically has a small black box with it. This processes the information from the car and gives you switched power,door chimes and other functions that go throught he factory radio normally. Most any dealer should be able to get you one or I can send you one for about $70
bittman 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  

If I connect to the brown wire like you sugested, am I at risk to have any problems w/ the computer or anything else?

Thanks

Bittman

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic