icon

Two - way alarm/starter problem.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dearfriend 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
Tech support for my alarm/starter seems unreacheble, I really hope someone knows what's going on.
I have alarm/starter combo Alladin a-2000. I got it installed but for some reason my remote start will not work. I followed the steps(take the key out and arm it outside). When I arm it, the alarm will go off stating that the door is opened. I checked the door multiple times and still the same problem. I am positive that all connections are done properly, I have triple-checked and tested all the connections, so I am pretty sure it's installed according to the manual. Seems like matter of programming or something of that nature.
Am I doing sometime wrong or did something get loose? Any help will be great.
Thanks a lot for your help, it drives me nuts having starter installed but not operational.
snguyen 
Silver - Posts: 281
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  

vehicle????

dearfriend 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
1999 Ford Ranger, 4 cyl, manual transmission, no factory security. (Very basic truck, basically a lot of starter's features do not get used - it can open trunk, windows, sunroof e.t.c.). I am adding power locks as well, I installed actuators but did not connected them yet, wanted to test the system first.
Speaking of which, manual says that alarm can operate actuators (central lock type), so do I need relays or should be able to hook them right to the brain (even color of alarm and actuator wires matches)?
Thanks a lot for looking!
TooDark 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
check the ground of the door pin. Are you getting a ground on the the P10 wire when the door is closed?
TooDark 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
you should not need relays
dearfriend 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
Can anybody figure out how this works:
I have a 2-way Aladdin A-2000 remote starter/alarm. It is in my 1999 Ranger, 2.5L 4-cyl, manual tranny, AC, no power package nor factory anti-theft. Very basic.
Here is what I am dealing with: brain has a wire that can be programmed to activate the cortesy light or provide the start assistance if you need to press the brake or clutch in order to start the car. (Manual says that if you use the wire for the light, the diode must be attached to it). Because I have a 5-speed, it is wired to the clutch (and programmed accordingly). It gives ground at the start time, and I have a relay to change the polarity. Works like a charm, no problem so far. Starts the truck beautifully.
Here is the problem: In order to remote start the truck it needs to be armed. But if something sets the alarm off before that, truck: 1 - flashes turning lights (ok), 2 - siren screams (ok), and 3 - starter motor starts turning (not ok). Yes, truck wants to start! Starter cranks with about 3 sec. intervals, AS IF it would be flashing headlights! When I disconnect that wire alarm works perfectly, but truck can not be remote started because clutch depression is not simulated.
I went trough reprogramming the wire many times, I used the diode (even though it does not apply to this case) in all possible combinations - no luck.
When I was installing the alarm I had 3 wiring diagrams for my truck downloaded from 3 different places (bulldogsecurity and 2 others). And all 3 were different. For example, I was told that there 1, 2, and 3 ignition wires in my truck. So maybe because of that I might missed some wires. Does anybody know where I can det correct wiring layout for my truck? I guess I should have checked that first.
Please share your ideas. Thanks much for your help.
Also, want to thank TooDark for helping me in the past. Dude, you helped me a lot!
Craig3708 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  

Use the dome light wire instead of the door switch.......

Craig

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic