icon

Remote start not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
6tre_daddy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing a Python 1500 ESP on a 2000 Nissan Altima. My friend told me I needed a 555U Bypass in order for the remote start to work. Now this box requires a key inside it, which I think sends a signal to the car in order for it to start. So I went to the dealer and had them make me an extra key for like $100 bucks, because it has a blue chip in it. Everything on the alarm works fine now except the remote start!  When I try to activate it, the dash lights come on for a few seconds and then it stops. And it trys again on its own, but then that's it. If anyone has had this problem and can share their experience or any possible solutions, I would be GREATFUL!  Or possibly a wirring diagram so I can double check my connections.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
12volts WHITE/ red   +  ignition harness
Starter BLACK / YELLOW   +  ignition harness
Second Starter BLACK/ blue   +  ignition harness
Ignition BLACK/ red   +  ignition harness
Second Ignition     
Third Ignition     
Accessory BLACK/ pink   +  ignition harness
Second Accessory WHITE/ blue   +  ignition harness
Keysense     
Power Lock gray   -  smart entrance control
Notes: The smart entrance control unit is located to the right of the steering column. It is black or blue in color.
Power Unlock purple   -  smart entrance control
Notes: The smart entrance control unit is located to the right of the steering column. It is black or blue in color.
Lock Motor RED / blue    smart entrance control
Unlock Motor yellow    smart entrance control
Parking Lights+ RED / blue    steering column
Parking Lights-     
Hazards     
Turn Signal(L)     
Turn Signal(R)     
Reverse Light     
Door Trigger RED / white   -  drivers kick panel or SECU
Notes: To avoid dome light delay use RED / green for the driver door, red for the front passenger door, and RED / black for the rear doors. All 3 three wires are located at the smart entrance control unit. Must diode isolate each.
Dome Supervision use door trigger    
Trunk/Hatch Pin red or RED / blue   -  light in trunk
Hood Pin pink/black   -  smart entrance control
Trunk/Hatch Release ORANGE / black   -  smart entrance control
Power Sliding Door     
Factory Alarm Arm lt GREEN/ red   -  smart entrance control
Factory Alarm Disarm GREEN/ YELLOW   -  smart entrance control
Disarm No Unlock     
Tachometer WHITE/ black    6 pin plug at distributor
Wait to start     
Brake Wire RED / green   +  brake pedal switch
Parking Brake     
Horn Trigger brown or grn/yel   -  steering column
Memory Seat 1     
Memory Seat 2     
Memory Seat 3     
Remote start not working -- posted image.
Immobilizer Bypass Module:Required: YesType: TransponderPart #: 556
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  

The only thing I would ask....is did you wire up the second starter?

Where did you get the tach....

kevindanielk 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 3:52 AM / IP Logged  

Try placing a working key in the ignition but don't turn it on. Then, try to remote start the car while this key is in the cylinder. If the car starts, the key in the 555u is not sending the signal to the immobilizer to allow it to crank and start. This could be due to a wiring problem with the 555u or the key in it doesn't function properly. Remove the key in the 555u and see if it will start the car the regular way or double check your 555u wiring to make sure it is getting ground on to blue wire from the alarm when you try to remote start. Also, make sure the antenna ring is securely around the edge of the key cylinder. They slip out sometimes.

If the car still fails to start, you might want to check your wiring on your starter disable relay. You must wire the large purple wire from the heavy duty satellite relay, which is the starter crank signal, to the starter side of the starter disable relay. You might have it wired to the key side of this wire. When the R/S tries to crank, it encounters the disable relay and can't crank the starter. It then shuts off and comes on to retry again without success. I have mistakenly wired a few R/S this way in the past and learned my lesson. Hope this helps.

Mja1962 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  

Good advice from kevindanielk.  Another quick thing to check is the hood pin switch.  If it's grounding out, or you're testing the starter with the hood up, you would get the symptoms you describe.

-Michael

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic