icon

Problem with a crimestopper

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
astar 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 3:09 AM / IP Logged  

I bought a Crimestopper mod. CS-2016FM, and and I have connected all the necessary wires (as shown in the installation guide) but the system simply doesn’t work.

I think the problem is in the way i connected the 6 pin harness, because I’ve not understood how the remote starter works.

PIN1: Starter Output     PIN2: Accesory     PIN3&4:12V input    PIN 5:Ignition 1

PIN 6: Ingition or Accesory  #2 Output.

The car is an Oldmobile Cutlass Supreme ´96. 

I hope could help me to find out what´s the problem.

Eale kuates!!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  

The pin 6 should be used as an ignition output seeins your car has 2 ignition wire. Did you install your passlock module properly? since there was no mention of it in your post? 

1st ign. is pink

2nd ign is green

astar 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  

oh sorry!! I was mistaken. The car is an oldsmobile cutlass ´96.  Ign1 is Pink,  Acc is Orange and starter is yellow.

My doubt is if i must connect the 6-pin harness in a specific way to the car wires (mentioned previously). Because i have connected every wire in the way that the installation guide says. The remaining wires im sure are correctly connected (parking lights, brake reset, siren, doors pins, trunk pin, etc).

In a few words, the alarm doesnt work (LED, valet switch, siren, etc)...i checked there´s ground and current.

I dont know whats the problem Problem with a crimestopper -- posted image.

Eale kuates!!
astar 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

i just bought a crimestopper mod. CS-2016FM "THE INFORMER II, i´ve done all the basics connections (door pin, trunk, parking lights, brake reset, siren, hood/trunk pins, current, ground, LED, Valet button, shock sensor, and starter disable).

The problem is that the alarm doesn´t work. I checked there´s current and ground, but the LED doesn´t light,  i tried to put in valet mode but nothig happens.

This model also includes remote engine starter. I connected the starter output to the car starter wire (after the starter disable relay), but here i have some doubts...the harness has two ignition wires, both pink but the second coded white. The first says that is Ignition#1 and the other Ignition or accesory Output #2. How I must connect these wires to the car ignition wire?

I hope you could help me to find out whats the problem. Is the first time i try to install this model and i having some problems. Problem with a crimestopper -- posted image.

Sorry, may be my English is not good Problem with a crimestopper -- posted image.

Eale kuates!!
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
Did you check the fuse for the alarm. Were did you connect it to, and were did u conect the ground.
Fro your RS what make modle car do you have.
astar 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  

The car is a Cutlass Ciera 1996. Is has one ignition wire.

Ground is connected to a metallic part located next to steering column, it gave good ground, and another devices are grounded there.

Eale kuates!!
swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
Did you get the unit to power up yet? Did you check fuse in both power wires and did you hook up both power wires.
If that dotn work ground the alarm to its own ground.
As for the RS you only have one ING and one ACC wire form your alarm you ING 1 that be the pink wire form alarm. Tape the 2 ING/ACC wire up so it cant touch anything. That for if you had more then 1 ING or ACC wires.
Yuoi gray wire form alarm go to the ACC wire in the car.
Also check to see if the wires harness are plug into the your alarm.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
What Year, Make & Model of Vehicle??
When U tried to put in Valet, did U have the Key ON?
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
astar 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  

The fuses are fine, yes i hooked up both power wires??

How to ground the alarm to its own ground??

Another question...if the valet button or LED were damaged the alarm should work??

Eale kuates!!
swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
With the ground o meant ground it alone dotn ground it with others. You may have a bad brain then.
Im guess not not sure on if the LED or the valet if it was broken if the aralm will work.
May have to take the brain abck were you got it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic