icon

problem with the sound from a dvd player

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bluemoon 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
ok I'm having a problem with the sound from a dvd player.  I have put a alpine cd player in with a AI-net to RCA converter so I can get sound.  Well the problem is that it plays for about 10-20 minutes and then the sound cuts out.  I checked the connections and found that I had a dead audio output from the dvd player so I changed it and tested it. It played for 1 hr. or so and did great and then earlier today I was watching a dvd and then the audio went out again.  So if anyone has any suggestions let me know. thanks
dannydoo 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
lets get this right?
please list your whole route ex. radio to dvd to adapter to changer to amps? it could be too high of an input for the recieving piece? again im not sure of your setup be a little more specific
those ai net adapters only work for certian configurations.im guessing a voltage problem,
which converter do u have?the basic hardwire plug or a complete voltage converter?
bluemoon 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
alright from the radio I have the AI-net converter going to the dvd player for audio. then the video goes to the two screens. the dvd is a connected to constant 12 volts so you can turn it on whenever.I got the power directly to the battery.  the speakers are going directly to the alpine head unit. the cd changer is a fm modulator.
dannydoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
check the rca again..is the radio getting hot?does it come back on after 5-10 minutes?or when u turn it on/off?
does your adapter have a voltage regulater on it?
not many people know,,but alot of amps/radios/have assorted rca voltage that will overdrive a system.check the specs and see if they match.
does the alpine cut out even if the radio is on?or only when the dvd is playing?
bluemoon 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  

The head unit only cuts out when the dvd is playing.  The radio plays fine. I talked to Alpine about it and that is what they told me to order when I told them what I was doing.  This is the second dvd that I have put in too.  I will check to see if it comes back on if I turn the head unit off and back on.  The car is at my shop so I can't check it right now. I forgot to mention one thing. Could it be because it is a common ground speaker set up?

dannydoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
absolutely
that verry well may be the problem...because it will go into protection and shut down when the heat reaches a certian temperature from when the load floats too high or too low, which may be from the commen ground you r using.
you need to run individual speaker wires to each speaker.
end of problem.
youe stock speakers are most likely 4 ohms each .1 ground is gonna give a 1 ohm load.6 speakers i gonna be .5 ohms and shouldnt even last 5 minutes.
if you want to test it.disconnect all the output wires.and connect two speaker up and turn it way up for about 5 minutes..i bet the problem will not appear
bluemoon 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
ok I will try that. But why would it play just fine when your just listening to the radio? 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic