icon

Passlock II module wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sirmike68 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  

I am hooking up a Prostart into my 98 Chev truck I have installed the remote starter and manged to get everything working fine.  It starts smoothly but the Passlock II stops the engine which I understand would.  Now I am trying to install the PATSK-350 bypass module and I am not sure about one wire.  It is the violet wire coming off the bypass modules harness.  The directions state that the violet wire connects to a "negative trigger input."  What is a negative trigger input and what should I hook this wire to.

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
to input a contrl source. should use status wire(-) or ign3(-) or any gorund-when-RS.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
sirmike68 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the quick reply.  I wired the "negative trigger input" to ground and everthing appears to be running as it should.  One question I have is that now the "security" light stays on in the dash.  Is this normal or have I missed something. 
mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  

No having the security light on is not normal.  I would disconnect the bypass module and put the stock passlock wiring back to normal and then start the car with the key and see if the light goes away. 

JeremyB 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
There should be a negative output on the remote start unit for factory alarm(FASD) or immobilizer bypass, this is what you need to connect the violet wire to, and from the wiring diagram of a prostart 3300 would be an orange wire on a ten pin connector.
Craig3708 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  

The negitive input wire from the PATSK-350 should be hooked to the solid white wire from the Prostart, its labled ground out when running...........

Craig.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  

keep in mind the factory alarm and the Passlock circuits are two totally different issues... you have dealt with the Passlock circuit... did you arm and disarm the factory alarm/security system?

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic