icon

RF 6x9's won't fit my civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mdb_foxmx 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone. After finally getting the rear deck panel out and accessing the rear 6x9 speakers in my 04 civic, I was ready to install some Rockford Fosgate FRC4269's, but I found that their mounting holes didn't line up with the factory-drilled holes. The mounts are close, but not close enough to force a fit. I don't know what I should do to make it fit. Should I try and drill some new holes, or try and grind out some of the speaker bracket holes? Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks for any help. Matt
rknj01 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
just use a skew bit and some self tapping screws to make new holes, and mount the speaker at the same time
mdb_foxmx 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
what's a skew bit?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  

More than likely a scewdriver available from Scosche. It attaches into a drill and provides a 90 degree bend in the action of the screwdriver attachment. It is highly useful in places where clearance is a major PITA. www.scosche.com and snoop around to see if you can find one listed there. They are made by other companies as well and are one of the most useful tools an installer could have.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
I had mine custom drilled via air power. Definitely find something for that bend, it will save you a lot of hassle. (Luckily the little damage done is gonna get taken care of when I get new tint.) I did an exposure with my RF 6x9 Puncher into my Monte Carlo and wow, what a PITA. Definitely worth that little tool.
1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic