icon

Need help with Viper 550

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dljbrla 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2002 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  

Can someone please help me complete the install of my Viper 550. Everything is working, except......when you trigger a zone the LED flashes to indicate which zone last triggered, this is normal. The problem is that this last trigger flashing is susposed to clear when you start the vehicle...it does not clear. What tells the alram to reset this?  Does the auto start secondary harness have to be hooked up...this is the one with the tach input? I do not have auto start installed. Any help is welcome and greatly appreciated.

Danny
christophe 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2002 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
on the viper 550 the input for ignition is actually on the remote relay harness. The five wire harness that controls the satelite relay pack. You need to have this hooked up, at least the yellow wire.
dljbrla 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2002 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

christophe;

thanks for the reply. I follow what you are saying, and I have the satelite relay pack and planed to install soon. I thought that the ignition relay was part of the auto start relay pack. Sounds like this relay is a part of the base system and is needed with or without auto start.........is this correct??

thanks for your help, 

Danny
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 20, 2002 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  

The starter kill relay (with the black, green, orange, and yellow wires) is prewired to the alarm.........that yellow wire needs to see ignition to reset the alarm.

Normally, during bench prep, the installer just clips the starter kill relay onto the pack of five other ones.  Then he shortens the yellow wire, and splices it onto the big pink one, which he's going to hook up to ignition anyway.

However you decided to do it, once you install the starter kill relay, just don't forget to hook the yellow up to ignition someplace.

dljbrla 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2002 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Chris,

That's it! Need help with Viper 550 - Last Post -- posted image.The dealer uninstalled this alarm out of my old truck and he just forgot to leave the yellow wire with me. I think I can rig something up to get it working while I look for a new harness (H-1 if anyone has a spare)

thanks much, 

Danny
egtalon93 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2002 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

on that system the ignition reset is on the relay pack pink

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic