icon

Infinity Reference components

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
69beers 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  

Anyone have experience with Infinity Reference 5x7 components (6800cs)?  I'm looking at putting them in a 2004 Ranger supercab with the same brand 5x7 two-ways in the rear doors.  All will be powered with an Alpine 9830 hu, the Alpine F240 40x4 RMS amp, and the Infinity Basslink 10" powered sub behind the seats.  I'm not looking to win any competitions or make my head explode.  I really just want a system that sounds good for the money, and these products seem to meet the money part.

How will these speakers sound with 40 watts going to them?  I would rather not waste my cash on speakers that are only marginally better than my factory ones, so if I have to I can upgrade to the Kappas and maybe get a bigger amp.  But I would also not like to spend lots of money on this and I don't want to pull too much power off my alternator with just the sound system.  Simple is good for me.

impulse520 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  

I love the reference series stuff.  I think its the best bang for the buck when putting in a system. A few things though...Their smaller speakers sound fantastic running off stock power, but if you go to some of the 6x9's etc.... you may want to invest in a small amp, but its up to you.  i personally just put bass blockers on each speaker, and run a sub set-up and have always gotten crystal clear sound with nice bass!

IN SUMMARY---GREAT SPEAKERS

69beers 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks a mmillion.  I'll get them as soon as my wife gives me some of my money!
methinfinity 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged  
i'll have to agree with impulse..references r great value for money. i would definately consider the kappa's or kappa perfects for front stage and references for rear. aint nuthin wrong with infinity, they're just not as good as the kicker ss splits lol.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic