icon

Passlock 1 problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drifter-CT 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

ok heres the situation the car is a 95 or 96 sunfire. A DEI 555L was used, the car starts with the key and also remote starts but the theft light stays on solid all the time. I thought the 555L might have a problem so I removed it  and the light still stays on and the car can still remote start just fine as if it did not have passlock. I checked for a resistance and can't get anything. The light is just on solid all the time. passlock lose its resistance???

Trav3D1 
Copper - Posts: 146
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

This happens sometimes with GM's.  Just a tip that I used in the past........Remove the 12v side of the battery for approx. 15 - 30 mins.  Reconnect and retest all functions of the R/S.  This typically resets the factory alarm.

Good Luck

Trav
Papol 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
did you hook up the factory alarm disarm wire on your aftermarket alarm to the factory?
drifter-CT 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  

no, I didn't hook up the factory disarm wire. The car doesn't even have power locks would it have an alarm? Or is alarm just another word for passlock?

The Customer's Car is coming back on friday so I'll try the disconnecting of the battery.  That should get passlock working the way it should again?

Craig3708 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

If the Passlock (DATA) wire was cut in the begining with the car running and never reconnected correctly this would cause the light to stay on and all functions to work normally. Try removing the bypass module and rejoining the passlock wire and then restart the car with the key..........

Craig...

drifter-CT 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  

yeah I removed the bypass and restarted with the key, the light still stays on. :(

Will I Have to take it to a dealer?

Craig3708 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  

It sounds like the data wire is still disconnected. The cheating way to bypass the passlock was to start the car with the key and then cut the data wire and install a switch between the two wires. This would let everything opperate fine but it would leave the light on. I would double check the data wire, and then disconnect the battery for 15min. If the light is still on after you have done this then there is a problem with the passlock system and may need to go to the dealer.

Craig.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic