icon

Remote start on a 2001 FS Chevy pickup.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fruhead 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2002 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  

I'd like to know how to disable the passlock system on this truck. I noticed there were two wires inside a yellow sleeve, and was told those were the passlock wires. I want to permanently disable them, and hopefully not have to buy another part. Please help.

Thanks!

brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2002 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
I am not for sure but I think that those are your air bag wires.  Better make sure before you cut them.  There should be a three wire ribbon harness that links the the ignition switch to the passlock system.  The colors are white,black,and yellow.   These are the correct wires that control the system.  Brian H.
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2002 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  

the wires you need are yellow 22-24ga and orange / black  22-24 ga they are runiing with the main ignition wires not in a loon of any sort.

what you will need to do to tes is cut the yellow wire and test between the yellow key side and ORANGE / black.   the best way to test so you get a steady reading is to put the brake on put the truck in reverse and crank while testing . once you get the resistance value then jump between ORANGE / black and the other side of the yellow or the bcm side of the yellow . you will need to get a 1% tolerance resistor for this . just to let you know if this resistor fails or goes out of range of the bcm value you will not be able to start the truck even with the key. the bypass modules cost around $25 and only bypass on remote start they always work with the key.

audiopro12 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2002 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  

Remote start on a 2001 FS Chevy pickup. -- posted image.whatever you do do not mess with the wires in the yellow sleeve those are your airbag wires ...I can say this with certainty as i am a certified GM technician..

audiopro12

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic